Reading Contest

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Farseek

Re: Reading Contest

Post by Farseek »

I collected enough books to get my Key of Secrets. Anything beyond that bonus :o
Not all who wander are lost.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I turned in about 8 books last time. XD I currently have 223 books that I've been collecting over the past few months. Which means I have no idea what I want from the shop. Other than that hell map. Gotta get that.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Sites kind of laggy..D: ..bit annoying..
Image Image
ImageImage
Sayle

Post by Sayle »

I'm glad I can see exactly how much things will cost this time around. :)
Wingsrising wrote:Is Tamura really meant to be a reference to Tamora Pierce? I don't see it.
Nope, it's not!
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I didn't think so, but that was the speculation I saw on the forums.

Er... so what is it?
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I'd so hoped there would be some sort of Thomas Covenant reference this year, but then again, that is a somewhat obscure series, with a really unlikeable protagonist.

Probably not surprising he doesn't get a lot of love. =D

Now Linden on the other hand . . . Ah well, there's always next year. ^^
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Sayle

Post by Sayle »

Wingsrising wrote:I didn't think so, but that was the speculation I saw on the forums.

Er... so what is it?
Kafka on the Shore. :) I thought Murakami needed a mention, but I guess I should have picked The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle instead!
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Sayle wrote:
Wingsrising wrote:I didn't think so, but that was the speculation I saw on the forums.

Er... so what is it?
Kafka on the Shore. :) I thought Murakami needed a mention, but I guess I should have picked The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle instead!
Oh cool, I'll have to try to get that. Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World is my favorite by him though.

And I haven't done much with the reading contest yet. I've been waiting for the lag and some of the excitement to die down first. I do have some books saved but now have to compare them to what I turned in last time since I didn't spend my points.
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

Looks like I just need the Shadow Owl, Tamura and Blue Glowing Wand which is...140 books. Could be worse. I currently have a grand total of 6 because I couldn't be bothered collecting books without an actual start date to the RC.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

...is it really necessary to have pictures of all the books you've donated on the front page? Couldn't they easily just make another page that shows that (like with plushie/beanbags/etc collections)? Or am I the only one bothered by this?

Anyways. I've donated 87 books so far and I still have plenty in my vault. I'm taking a quick break 'cause turning in books is taking forever and I'm impatient! To make the time go by a little easier I'm going though my wishlist and buying a bunch of crap. :P

Really isn't too many things in the shop catching my eye. Especially not the wearables- aren't I weird? But the toys and plushies are soooo cute. I wish those were wearable! (seriously, I would love to make a super emo HA with the Gleeyore plushie!)
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Man, donating 300 books is going to take FOREVER.

Is anyone else finding the reading drive doesn't work in Firefox, or am I just lucky?
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I think maybe it's just you?

Or at least I haven't been having problems - well, aside from the lag. But I don't think that's what you're talking about?

I've donated 327 so far, and while I'd like to find a way to get to 400 - both for the achievement and for the book for next year's drive - man, 75 more books could get expensive.

Or not. I really need to give it a day or three to level out, and then go check prices again on the books I've yet to donate.

I want way, way more than 400 points worth (largely due to wanting a Pretty Little Fool Box and a Reviver of the Lion), but at some point, it will cost less to buy the items themselves than it will to buy the books.

Hopefully we'll keep getting book releases; that will help us all as much as anything else.

Oh! Before I forget: if anyone hasn't seen this page yet - go there immediately and input your info. I'm using my reading drive page itself (the page with all of the item images), but if you have your books in a gallery/shop then there are instructions for that too.

It'll give you a page with images of all of the books you still need -- ordered cheapest to most expensive, updated every six hours. And? When you click the image you go immediately to that item's shop wiz results.

Is that shiny or what?

http://www.monoclide.com/book.subeta.php?page=Insert

It's got a register/sign in thingee, but I've just ignored it, and so far I've had no problems with it cutting off my supply of up-to-date results =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Hmm. I don't see any book images in Firefox, either books to donate or books I've donated. It works fine in IE.
Phibby

Post by Phibby »

Oh that's awesome! Thank you for posting it.

I'm relieved they kept the Pretty Little Fool Box in the shop this year. I remember checking out prices for it a month or two ago and could not believe what people were charging for it. Unlike Daisy, neither my voice nor my vault are full of money. But woo, only 90 books away from it now~
Image Image
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Last year I ignored this. Didn't even bother. I think I was just too lazy then. Then after I saw the shop I was like, "Darn, should have done it". So this year I made sure to hoard some books. And luckily I did, there are a few new things I really must have. Luckily for me it's just about 4 things I must have and I think I should get enough books to get them.

I got about I would say maybe half of what book what item was from. I should really read more. ^-^' Though I never heard of some of the books mentioned, it got me to look them up and now I have a few must reads. Yay!

Oh Kamil, I was using that site as the book contest started. It's such a cool site! I'm going to use it once I turn all the books in (which I'm going to do little by little, ugh, it's so tedious) and buy any cheap books I missed.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel