Reading Contest

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Re: Reading Contest

Post by mellaka »

My friend turned in 400 and got bronze. I got silver for my 450. I hope they sort it soon (and I hope I get to keep my silver one). If I knew there were going to be trophies, I would've turned in one more in case that is the cutoff.

Edit: Oops I went to look and my friend's is now silver. It was bronze last night.
Last edited by mellaka on 01 Jul 2009 08:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

Ty, I had 365 books and I got silver. I have no idea what the boundaries are, but if I got silver, I'd assume you probably will too?
<3
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

keith wrote:Did you go to the reading contest page in the last few days, since the high score was added?

That's what it went by, was the score on the high score page, so if you never went to the page to 'update' them, you didn't get a trophy.

~~~~~

Gold trophies are NOT broken.

If you did not go to the page before the reading contest ended, you didn't get a trophy. That's how it was intended to work, and that's how it worked.

If you didn't get one, you need to open a ticket.
Those two posts are from Keith on the forums. So uhhh, maybe try going to the High Score (Clicky) page and if that doesn't work then file for a ticket? This seems like a needlessly complicated system. If I hadn't accidentally clicked the high score page the other day I wouldn't have gotten a trophy either I guess.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I went to the high score page after trophies were released. But I was unaware that I was secretly supposed to check out the high scores before trophies were released! It's amazing that that's the intended function. Was that posted in the news and I missed it? Did I miss the note saying "by the way if you want a trophy go check out the high scores now just because"? Although, that wouldn't really justify the idiocy either. That is just a poor system.

Guess I'll open a ticket after all. Insert rolling-eye motion here.

edit: I has trophy now! I may have issues with the trophy reward system, but no issues with UAs. ^_^
Image Image
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Is that only for gold? I got my silver just fine and I never went to the high score page before I saw this post.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Woo! I got four points. I bought two trading cards. I kept one and sold the other, and bought the Cthulhu statue.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

People that didn't turn in books after Saturday, had issues getting trophies, yups.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I have a question. I turned in all my books several days before the end of the contest (maybe even by a week or two), and then I never checked the page again. So does that mean I don't get a trophy at all or that I get to mail a UA about it (because I'm too timid to bother people without a reason).

And... Other than that one background, I don't know what I want to get. There's a lot of stuff, but not a lot of it really appeals to me (because I'm freakish like that). Added to the fact that I really don't read a lot, so I don't get most of the refrences. Maybe I'll save points for next year or something. I'll need to look though everything again.
Rah

Post by Rah »

TCStarwind - if you wanted you could do what a lot of people are doing and sell off your points for 100k (or more, but I think that's the number I've seen most) a point. That would be the best way to quicksell, and would net you like 30 million for 300 points.

Check out the advertising forum, see what people are doing. You could make a hefty profit!
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Now that's an interesting idea. I'll look into that. Thanks for the info. :D
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

ohh..had no idea you could "sell" the points, granted I only have about 117
Image Image
ImageImage
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Interesting. I have about 100 points I'm not totally sure what to do with... I'll have to think about it. Might be more lucrative later in the year when the price of everything has gone up.
covet

Post by covet »

I got distracted and forgot to turn in half my books XD so I only have about 100 points total. where do you buy points from?
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

You can't buy points directly, however users in the Advertising forum are likely selling them, or you can make a buying thread saying you are buying points.
Basically you tell the person with the points what item(s) you want and they go and buy it.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
covet

Post by covet »

Ohhh. I'm so out of the loop. I'll check it out. Might be easier/cheaper to just buy the items I like.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris