Reading Contest

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Reading Contest

Post by mellaka »

Apparently it's been posted on Twitter that the Reading Contest will start tomorrow (Monday). I thought I'd post a heads-up and also ask if anyone has heard anything about what will happen to our old points. I have more than 300 points that I haven't spent and am a bit worried about them since I've been waiting for some official word about what will happen to them.

Also, I haven't really been collecting books this year. I think I have about 300 again, mostly from vending and quests.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Re: Reading Contest

Post by Seerow »

I'd mail Keith directly and ask what happens to the points, as he's most likely to know for sure. If it's like Neo, they will just get deleted.

I have some of the common books stashed away (I think maybe around 200 total, didn't really keep track) that I'll turn in. Might collect more later :P
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

So, any kind of book works for this?
Image Image
ImageImage
Rah

Post by Rah »

Every single different book equals to one point. You can't submit the same book twice. You can vend at the Blue Sky machine for books, if you don't want to restock.

There are about 310 books right now that are under 100k to buy :3
mellaka

Post by mellaka »

Seerow wrote:I'd mail Keith directly and ask what happens to the points, as he's most likely to know for sure. If it's like Neo, they will just get deleted.

I have some of the common books stashed away (I think maybe around 200 total, didn't really keep track) that I'll turn in. Might collect more later :P
Thanks. I created a ticket with a question. I've read everything from they will be able to be used this year to they will just get deleted.

Edit: Wow my ticket was responded to already. I'll post it here in case anyone else was curious:
I did find out that the points will still be there. Also, the books that the remaining points came from won't be able to be turned in again.
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

Yes, finally! They've been teasing us with the Reading Drive for nearly a year. I think that the Staff gets some sort of perverse joy from releasing new books, watching everyone freak out because they take it as a sign of the Reading Drive starting, then nothing. A few months later they release more books, watch everyone freak out again . . .
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
Keith

Post by Keith »

Yup -- if you've turned in books then you can use them this time around, but you won't be able to turn them in.

So those books that show up on your reading drive page, you won't be able to turn in during this reading drive.
mellaka

Post by mellaka »

Thanks Keith for confirming.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Ooh, thanks Rah.

I guess I should stalk the Book shop, and get the cheapy books.. I managed to get some books awhile ago, so seems like Ill participate this year!
Image Image
ImageImage
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

Arghhh... I want to spend my points and turn the books in again (as I understand you can do). But the values are all still stuck at double in the shop, so I can't actually get what I want still. >_< I was hoping this would have been fixed.
Subeta: Thomas
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Double?

A few months back I invested in all 315 below-100k books that were (at that time) available. Hopefully that will pay off for me. :-) (Of course, I'm wishing I had bought more already...)
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

Hmmm, what I meant to say how the items that were 75 points, for example, are now 76. I wanted the Blue Glowing Wand and Key Of Secrets (I think I decided... eventually), but I only have 125 points, so can't buy both. The prices halved, and I remember the prices being doubled to compensate for it, but... yeah. That's what I meant. I might file a ticket. :)

Edit: In a moment where I remembered why I love Subeta, I filed a ticket, was promptly responded to and the shop has been fixed. :P Purchased my items, and I can thankfully sleep easy.
Subeta: Thomas
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

I used that great Book Checklist thing to list all the books that weren't already in my storage gallery, and bought up about 130 new books. Should have around 300 now, I dunno, shops need an item counter.

I wish I could unread all my Popoko's books. Thanks to decreased supply and inflation, everything he's read probably amounts to at least half a billion sP x_x
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Agh, I'm totally lost.

Will any book count?

I have some, but not many. And I haven't figured out which pet should be the bookworm.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Yep, IIRC anything you can read to a pet counts. However, you don't actually read them to a pet, you turn them in and they go *poof*. You get a point for every book you turn in and then use the points to buy stuff from the prize shop. Last year the prizes were awesome!