Reading Contest

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Re: Reading Contest

Post by Seerow »

WHOOT! I didn't miss the reading drive. However, I doubt I'll now be able to collect enough books to get everything I want :( There's some really pretty new items this year.
I'll have to go turn in all the stuff in my vault then check if there are still any affordable books out there to get.

Completely unrelated to anything in this topic: But NC, it's good to be back. *Hugs second home*

Edit: Surprisingly, I had tons more books stored then I thought I did and ended up getting 400 books turned in. I only need 365 to get everything I really really wanted, but decided to buy the rest so I could get the achievement. Yay :D
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

For anyone interested, all the books I had stashed away in my vault have been put into my shop. Some are rare/Token Shop and quite expensive. Others not so much. All are autopriced or priced lower than in trades.
http://www.subeta.net/ushop.php?shopid=124820

I turned in a few duplicates. I just don't have the ambition to go full-flung into it. :P
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

While it's a little late now, SubetaLodge has this nifty feature that makes a list of all the books you still need to use.

Using the site's Mass Add page, you put in the source code for the Book Drive and hit submit. You can then pull up a list of all the books needed for the drive and filter it to show just the ones you need. It was very handy. They also do the same thing for other collections, such as plushies, beanbags, etc.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I was able to donate enough books to get everything I must have and a little over. Lucky for me there wasn't a lot must need items. And I didn't have to spend over 30k. This I can thank stalking up on books before the reading drive started. Now just to wait for the shop to open so I can buy my stuff. **rubs hands together**
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

The shop's open, but you might want to wait a few hours to actually get anything from it, as right now it seems users' points are being eaten sans prize-receiving or users get their prizes without actually losing points.

Edit: Er, it was before the site went down.
Alicorn

Post by Alicorn »

Yeah, wish I waited before jumping in. Couldn't help myself. I have the get the prize but no points go. So I'm not doing anything more till the morning, hoping it'll be fix. Then I'll do the deleting of items and such.
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

Buying things seems to be fixed now. I ended up with 150 points; just bought the three items I needed for my gallery and I'm now staring at the 10 points or less items. Nothing I want, so I might just wait a while to see how prices are, though I doubt there'll be much profit in it.
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

I picked up quite a few things with my 400 points :D And happily, most of them are actually for me. Last year not many of the items interested me so I ended up getting stuff just to sell. Yay for tons of new pretties!
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I turned in 450 books (well I had 302 points still from last year, so really 148) but haven't decided what I will get besides the Malice. I'm going to wait a few days before buying anything.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

I had 260 all together and I just spent every point all in one sitting - JUST enough to get everything I absolutely wanted, so I'm pretty happy. I got the Spilt Body Glitter, Invisible Cat, Key of Secrets, Sapphire Egg, Blue Glowing Wand, Oerstuffed Mouse Plushie, and the Crocodile Head Timepiece. Aw yeah. :3
Last edited by Mayhem on 03 Jul 2009 09:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I haven't bought anything yet because I don't have a trophy and I'm afraid to spend my points before I get that. Sigh. I was hoping this problem would be fixed while I slept. Not so much, eh? Should I open a ticket?
Image Image
Alicorn

Post by Alicorn »

Well I deleted the extra items (just like I read to do from Keith on the bug form) last night. Then bought everything I wanted this morning, yay! I had 270 books, enough to get everything I wanted. I got Crocodile Head Timepiece (had to have, I'm such a Hook fanatic), Invisible Cat (for my mini kitty gallery), Tan Book Belt, Gleeyore (based on one of the only characters I like from Winnie the Pooh), Horselords Braid and The One Ring. Leaving me with 55 points. Now I was thinking of getting the Smiley Tom for my kitty gallery but there are a couple other things in that price range that I want. So I'll have to think on it. I so should of done this last year, would of saved some choice making. Ah well!

Edit: Yeah, I would go and open and ticket Ty. Don't want to miss out on a shiny trophy. **pats** I got my trophy okay last night. Checked the main page of the reading drive then went to my profile and there it was. I didn't think I get one either, so...score!
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Debating to use or keep the points I have now..I wanted to get to 400..but..uh..I didnt even reach that, not even close. :|
Image Image
ImageImage
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I guess I hesitate to do the ticket thing because I don't know if they've actually sorted out what the trophy tiers are. Someone posted that they turned in, like, 150 books and got silver, but some people had 450 and got silver... that seems like an impossibly wide range. Bronze has to be somewhere. Other people were claiming that bronze is 400, silver 500, gold 600... that also seems impossible to me. I had 375 books and that was a lot of work! There are other people missing trophies, too, including some over the 400 mark.

Sigh.
Image Image
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

Yeah, trophies seems to be really messed up now. I turned in 400 books and ended up with a Silver trophy.

Maybe wait until later tonight and file a ticket if it hasn't shown up yet?