Server Move

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Server Move

Post by Foghawk »

So, apparently Subeta's moved to some new servers, and everything should be faster and less buggy.

I admit I haven't seen any of the mySQL errors that break the whole page, and presumably the long periods of downtime should be gone, but other than that, it doesn't seem like much of an improvement to me. I had to give up on questing because half the time I couldn't get shop search to work; it kept throwing mySQL errors. Strangely, this didn't seem to be a problem when I just started - I got through quite a few quests without any errors at all - but it's gotten worse and worse, and now shop search works less than half the time (and refreshing no longer fixes it). In addition to all that, everything, everything, seems really slow now; Wizard Quests take a full minute to load by themselves. Impossible.

How has the move gone for everyone else? Anyone been having the same problems I was?
Last edited by Foghawk on 15 Jun 2009 09:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Re: Server Move

Post by Joey »

I haven't been able to get on all morning, so you seem to be doing better then I am.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I've been trying to turn books into the reading drive, and it's taking forEVER for the pages to load each time. I wouldn't dare try wizard quests right now; I'm sure as laggy as things are right now, I'd be lucky to get back in time to get a five point token for my troubles.

Last night, right after the move, everything was going really nice and page load times were really quick - now, not so much. Hopefully something's amiss right now and they can fix it.

Hopefully.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Kamil wrote:Last night, right after the move, everything was going really nice and page load times were really quick - now, not so much. Hopefully something's amiss right now and they can fix it.
This is my experience, too. I did stuff this morning and it was great, and it's horrible now. It might well be the reading drive--Subeta has a long, reliable history of miserable lag when anything awesome is happening.
Image Image
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

Yeah, I can't get the site to load at all now, but it was great this morning. And I really hope the Blue Sky machine being broken is just a coincidence and not a fixture during the drive, or I'm going to be pissed.
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Yeah, it was working fine for me up until the reading drive started. So maybe the new servers aren't doing what they were hoping for, but I don't think it's a problem with the new servers per se.
Keith

Post by Keith »

The problem is what it usually is -- we're on new servers (with new, cutting edge hardware) that haven't been really configured for this sort of load. So, it comes down to basically just playing with the numbers while there are this many people online, to get what we want.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

So, anyone know what's up with the .ws version of the site? I can't seem to get on with it at all, that was my problem when I posted last. Will it come back or should I go and change my bookmarks?
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

.net is official now, you should change your bookmarks. I wish that Subetahq would change their links - they are still on .ws and so all the images of items are missing. :?
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
lamia

Post by lamia »

All I get today is Connection Interrupted
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.

but a friend of mine is having no trouble getting on subeta.. so weird
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

I've been having a lot of lag loading images. My browser will be stuck trying to load something from pixel.quantserve.com... which does not look very nice, upon googling (seems it's some kind of spyware cookie). I'm getting it from any Subeta page with images.

WTF is this?
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage