V2 profiles... working? yesno?

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

V2 profiles... working? yesno?

Post by AngharadTy »

So, I guess they reactivated that 'feature' that tells people what your HA is wearing. Reactivated it and forced me to opt in, because little wardrobe items were cluttering my profile. Long story short, I blanked my entire profile (on purpose) but I still can't fix the HA problem. I can tell it to not show items, but it doesn't want to not show items. It wants to show items, dammit. I refuse to show items.

a) Is this function working for anyone else?
b) Has anyone bothered to come up with a code to squelch showing the items, if it's not properly working?
c) Is this a new development over the weekend, or am I special, or is it recent as of, say, ten minutes ago, the first time I checked in days?

edit: I guess option c is answered.
Posted by Keith at 04:50 pm
Finally fixed the Human Avatar content block of profiles to display the clothes that you're wearing if you have that option set.
edit edit: I really did post too soon, I guess, because others in the news comments are complaining about it not working, and Keith says he's "fixing."
Image Image
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Re: V2 profiles... working? yesno?

Post by Foghawk »

I don't know if the opt-out option actually works or will work, so if it doesn't,

Code: Select all

td table { display: none; }
gets rid of the item display.

(If you've got nested tables elsewhere in your lookup and really don't want to get rid of them, put an id on them and add "td table #id { display: inline; }".
Last edited by Foghawk on 22 Jun 2009 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

It works now. Keith did fix it. It was my first time checking my profile since going away for the weekend, so I thought it was an older problem that no one had addressed yet; happily, it was a new and short-lived problem that I just chanced to catch at the start. So, not bad at all for a speedy fix. I still believe firmly in beta testing (and that your regular users are not beta testers).
Image Image
Dollfie
Human Avatar: 227963

Post by Dollfie »

Problem already solved, but since HA's now have their own user specific address (not like pre-new wardrobe where it changed every time you saved), I just have mine in a blank section. It made it easier for me to position it on my profile. I actually forgot I did that and went to see if the new fix had changed my profile only to have a "duh" moment.

It's not a feature I'll use but I'm glad to see it back.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

That's true. I'm still used to being unable to have more than one blank section on your profile (though mine has three right now, heh).
Image Image