New feature: Item lockdown

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

New feature: Item lockdown

Post by Seerow »

You can now put your items on Lock Down! If you click the little lock icon next to your item name in your Inventory it will block the item from being stolen or zapped.

Also, it won't show up in quick stock, so you won't accidentally donate it!
Whoot :D That's exciting news! I'll probably actually keep a Lizard Minion trap/spray now since I don't have to worry about quickstocking it now. This truly is a great feature, thanks so much Keith!

Though there is a downside I hate to say. It's really kinda ugly looking on the inventory page. The little locks beside each item are kind of annoying, though I'm not sure how that could be fixed. Maybe an option on the item menu screen or quickstock page perhaps?
The big blurb about what the lock means is also rather annoying. After you read it once and know what the feature does, it serves no other purpose then to take up a huge amount of space. Wish it was a box we could get rid of after viewing , or it was moved to the very bottom of the page so we wouldn't have to look at it.

Even with the graphical issues, the feature itself is nice and I'm glad it was implemented.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Re: New feature: Item lockdown

Post by Mayhem »

OKAY, I love this. I must play with it right now.'

You're right, it is really ugly. I think maybe it would look a little better if the lock were underneath the item name, but above the rarity. Or maybe if they were as tiny as the icons in the new event popups and overlayed on the image itself like the + sign for adding things to wishlists.
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Great idea, but... ew, I agree, it's exceptionally ugly xD I wish the lock was at least a little smaller, my entire inventory looks ugly and cluttered xD
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Man, I wish they'd had this back when I accidentally donated my Lizard Minion trap and spray...

Another new feature is that wishlists can be sorted by user price. Very useful, IMHO, since I have a lot of stuff on my WL which are new items I'm waiting for deflation on. This is a great way to see what's gotten cheaper without having to check everything individually.

EDIT: However, I can't unlock things. The icon vanishes after I click to lock items, which I'm pretty sure isn't supposed to happen.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Cool feature! I probably won't use it all that often but it's very cool to have. Ditto on it being ugly but I bet it'll be tweeked to be less ugly. Makes me consider getting a lizard minion trap and spray, hmmmm.

The new wishlist feature is so cool! It'll be great when I do spending sprees on my wishlist. I wish you could do it with other people's wishlist. It be so handy for gift shopping. Ah well.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

This is such a great addition, though I remember someone saying the Rotten Rogue event had been discontinued ages ago. Does that mean that she will be more likely to steal our stuff that's not locked down now?
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

Wingsrising wrote:EDIT: However, I can't unlock things. The icon vanishes after I click to lock items, which I'm pretty sure isn't supposed to happen.
I don't know if you've solved this, but it might be something to do with a filter on adblock? Just a thought.
Subeta: Thomas
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Tom wrote:
Wingsrising wrote:EDIT: However, I can't unlock things. The icon vanishes after I click to lock items, which I'm pretty sure isn't supposed to happen.
I don't know if you've solved this, but it might be something to do with a filter on adblock? Just a thought.
Yep, that was exactly what it was. Somehow some sort of filter had gotten set up that blocked a small subset of images from Subeta... including (weirdly) the unlock icon, but not the lock icon. Turns out that was why Reading Drive wasn't working in FF for me, too... it was blocking the book images on the Reading Drive page, but not on any other page. Strange.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

mellaka wrote:This is such a great addition, though I remember someone saying the Rotten Rogue event had been discontinued ages ago. Does that mean that she will be more likely to steal our stuff that's not locked down now?
I'm not sure how long 'ages ago', is, but a while back Lindsey has a fresh-from-the-trivia prize stolen from her... but then, it may be a lot longer back than I'm recalling, at least a year xD Since I seem to recall this happening at our OLD apartment... so eh, nevermind!