Very recent over-inflation

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Usul_Princess

Very recent over-inflation

Post by Usul_Princess »

In case you haven't noticed, the release of the newest MCT has CSC, and items bought at the cash shop soared in the past 2-3 days. This normally only happens when the cash shop is down, but there's no reason other than the release of new clothes. I was going to buy an ISS, when I saw they went up from 25 to 32, to now 40m. I never thought I'd see the day when 500 CSC sold for 10m. Not to mention 1000 CSC is nowhere to be found in shops.

*shifty eyes* Now is the time to take advantage of these prices because people are dumb enough not to wait until prices come down.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Very recent over-inflation

Post by AngharadTy »

It's not that dumb. I remember when MCTs and the 500 CSC card jumped from 6M to 8M; it seemed like that was ridiculous and almost certainly temporary, but it was definitely not temporary. The only thing you can rely on about prices on subeta is that they are 100% unreliable. Okay, that's a bit of an annoying statement, but it's still true.
Image Image
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

AngharadTy wrote: The only thing you can rely on about prices on subeta is that they are 100% unreliable.
Touché. *stands corrected*

Still, 10m seems pretty outrageous. It almost seems as bad as the Glade potion frenzy. Those eventually went down to 28m. Yay. (They're are 3 in the shops. the last two are 50m again).
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Well, right now Spectrum and Reborn potions (maybe more, I haven't checked the others!) are about 15 million - and they used to hover around 5-6 constantly! There hasn't been a potion restock in a while, which attributes to this I'm sure, but I can't see them dropping TOO much next time there is one because so many people probably want one of their own! I know I want to paint a pet of mine Spectrum but I'm really having trouble with spending 15 mil - even though I already own the potion xD

New costume trunks usually make the price of CSC go up, but we've also had the new hat boxes, which hasn't helped - and the announcements of costume trunks retiring shot up the prices as well. Lots of stuff have factored into the recent surge in price, I think. Who knows if it'll get cheaper or not? I usually like to grab things as soon as I can, because on Subeta you never know when things'll just get higher xD
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Last potions being released in the TS were just prior to the Glade Pitcher being released, as I remember people bawwing BAWWW, I GOT A POTION, WHY DIDN'T I WAIT in the shoutbox. :P

Silly SB!

confirmed - it was two months ago.

:)
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Sometimes token shop complaints are more than warranted. There's no need to assign the over-used (and irritating) "Bawww" to every valid concern expressed by users. Nor is it that relevant to include in a response to this thread.

I've noticed a lot of inflation recently. Some of it is nice for my bank balance, since I found a lot of expensive items in my gallery that I wasn't terribly attached to. Some of it isn't as nice; there are a lot of MCT items, especially, that I need for pets' treasures and should have bought when the prices were all a little more reasonable. I'm hoping the prices do drop a little, but I wouldn't be surprised if this inflation stays put for a while.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Also considering the state of the actual real life economy, I'm not too surprised that the CS items have shot up in value so much in the past few months. More and more people are finding funds lacking and buying stuff from a petsite is one of the first things they stop. So when people do buy from the cash shop, it's usually a treat to themselves.

With the possible new addition of Cash Shop cards to real life stores though that might help curb the inflation a little as people who don't have paypal can help contribute some.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

I really doubt they'll be able to get cash shop cards in stores like Walmart. Subeta is nowhere near that big.
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Click for thread

That's the link to the thread on Subeta regarding it. Keith has a few posts in there. Basically from what I can gather they are looking to hook up with the Ultimate Gaming Card which I guess can be used for thousands of online games. And those are sold in Walmart, gas stations, etc.
No idea if it will go through or when, but if it does, it might help some of the inflation at least.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I haven't noticed, but I haven't really been playing much recently (been playing lots of Okami instead). I wish I had some spending money, though, because I'd totally take advantage of the overinflated prices of CS items. XD Though, it does suck if you're on the buying end...