Subeta Suggestions (+ new training center feature)

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Subeta Suggestions (+ new training center feature)

Post by bonecrivain »

A new feature was added to the training center today, one I'd actually been wishing for a few days earlier. You can now choose whether to be notified when your pet finishes his/her training session, which works great for people like me who stay on the site for a while but forget to check back every 90 minutes. Apparently this is something that Keith's planning to add to different areas of the site; I'd definitely like a reminder for the Millionaire Center, since I never have enough treasure boxes. (And apparently my sense of time is completely skewed.)

This, in a roundabout way, led to me spending a bit of time in the Suggestions & Ideas "forum," rating and modifying suggestions. Some of my ideas are already posted there, such as having categories for wishlists (or having the option to rearrange the order of items once they're added to your wishlist). This made me wonder what sorts of things we NC folks would most like to see added in the near future. I know we've all tossed out various ideas at different points in time, but I think it's especially interesting now that so many new (and mostly useful!) features are being added to the site, including the inventory locks, wishlist price-ordering, and the training center notification. I'm not completely sure where these suggestions are coming from, how much attention is paid to the suggestions forum, or how much weight the ratings hold, but it probably doesn't hurt to post some of your most-wanted suggestions there, or to find and rate existing ones.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Re: Subeta Suggestions (+ new training center feature)

Post by Mayhem »

Keith has been posting on twitter, asking for suggestions on little things to improve the site.

I wish that when you load the shop search page, the cursor to type defaulted to the box instead of needing to click it.

I'm still waiting for the category ordering in the vault! I know that's a lot of items to assign categories to (kind of like Neopets, not user-created categories like the shops and stuff have), but think of how awesome it would be if it was done. :(
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I wish I could sort my vault by price in user shops, the way we now can sort wishlists. That feature has been awesome beyond words for tracking which of my wishlist items have deflated. It would be equally awesome in the vault so I can quickly see what to take out and sell!

Where are we supposed to post these sorts of suggestions?
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I wish that misspellings and poor grammar would get fixed up. /editor
Image Image
Rah

Post by Rah »

Wingsrising wrote:I wish I could sort my vault by price in user shops, the way we now can sort wishlists. That feature has been awesome beyond words for tracking which of my wishlist items have deflated. It would be equally awesome in the vault so I can quickly see what to take out and sell!

Where are we supposed to post these sorts of suggestions?
OMG NO NEED (OR HE'S SEEN IT HERE WHO KNOWS) BUT YOU CAN DO THIS NOW YAYYAYAYAYAYAYAY!

Wow. I had two lovely things in my vault that were worth way more than I thought!
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Oh, man. That rocks! The only way it could be more rocking is if he'd done it before my GA expired a few days ago. :-)

I have some stuff worth more than I thought, too! We'll see how much they're worth once everyone finds out how much everything in their SDB is worth...
Arviragus

Post by Arviragus »

Reorganizing my vault like that ended up in me finding crap in there that I forgot I owned, such as a Spectrum Potion or a Hungry Goblin Trunk. Happy day!
Subeta
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

So very cool! I love the new vault feature. And I find it funny that my wife was just wishing for such a feature today. She'll be thrilled when she sees this in the morning. XD I'm surprised at the price of some of my items in the vault. I never thought these items would be going for so much. o.O Not complaining though.

As for suggestions...ummmmm...having the price order option on friends wishlists. I like doing buying gifts for friends times and I put a limit on how much I want to spend. So having the price order on friends wishlists would make that so much easier. That's the only thing I can think of that I want at this point.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I went to add something to the suggestion center but it was already there: resetting Shinwa's quests at midnight like the other quests, rather than every 24 hours. My schedule can vary during the week, and it's annoying to try to keep her quest at a time when I can do it every day and still have time to do other quests afterward. I almost always have to skip a day every week or so to get her quest back to a reasonable hour.

And I saw another good one while I was there: making weapons in battle selectable by clicking on their images. Right now you have to click on a tiny checkbox and it gets annoying pretty quickly, especially in longer battles, for gelatin attacks and for people who use higher resolution settings on their monitors. Many times I had thought that I checked a box, but actually hadn't and lost or almost lost because of it.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

I wish the Training Center had an interface much like that of the Quick Stock (only with the columns representing stats), because doing each pet one at a time is very tedious when you have over 10 pets. I was also wondering if it's possible if we could somehow see the stats of our pets on the same page?

Is it possible to have an option for the wishlist in which it doesn't show the item images? While I DO have cable internet, I imagine that having a large amount of items in your wishlist is a pain for people with, say, DSL like I did a few months back. Speaking of wishlists, is it possible to have multiple ones (for instance, I'd like to make wishlists for each pet's treasure section, but I have to do it in a spreadsheet...)?

Oh yeah, and I really, really, really wish for another bug pet. Maybe one that looks evil or something. xD We only have one on the site!
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

I agree, a better way to do training would be GREAT and I love the idea of splitting the wishlist into categories.
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I loathe training. I only train two pets because any more of the routine of click-click-click-(oh, that stat is full, but I can't hit back, must refresh)-click-click-click THERE now my pet is in training! would kill me. Two pets is already a pain. And why is speed below level in the dropdown? I mean, I know why it's there, because it was the last added... but it really doesn't make sense from a functional point of view. The training-is-done alert is fantastic, definitely, very very helpful. But training itself is a pain in the ass.

One thing that I would really, really like, now that I'm zapping a pet on both zappers, would be for the V2 zapper on Atebus to NOT default to Deschain (my first/oldest pet). I'm so scared I'm going to click on the "yeah, totally zap that pet" button while I'm aiming to click on the menu.
Image Image
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Oh yeah, one more suggestion I thought of: More redraw Illumis colors, please! xD [/piling on the suggestions]
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

AngharadTy wrote:I loathe training. I only train two pets because any more of the routine of click-click-click-(oh, that stat is full, but I can't hit back, must refresh)-click-click-click THERE now my pet is in training! would kill me. Two pets is already a pain. And why is speed below level in the dropdown? I mean, I know why it's there, because it was the last added... but it really doesn't make sense from a functional point of view. The training-is-done alert is fantastic, definitely, very very helpful. But training itself is a pain in the ass.

One thing that I would really, really like, now that I'm zapping a pet on both zappers, would be for the V2 zapper on Atebus to NOT default to Deschain (my first/oldest pet). I'm so scared I'm going to click on the "yeah, totally zap that pet" button while I'm aiming to click on the menu.
Oh I really agree about the zapping thing. I zapped my oldest pet more than once accidentally because I mis-aimed a bit while trying to access the drop-down menu. Even a bigger space between the menu and the button would help. I remember suggesting this a couple years ago in the suggestion center, after the second time I did it.

The training suggestion is great too. I trained all of my pets for a bit (which has turned out great for this war) but stopped when there were the annoying cache issues about a year ago and never got back into it. I still train 5 of them but just don't have the patience for my 6 other pets, who would all end at the same time.
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

Silverevilchao wrote:Oh yeah, one more suggestion I thought of: More redraw Illumis colors, please! xD [/piling on the suggestions]
It could be that they still need to find an artist to draw them. :x *doesn't work for subeta anymore so can't*