New Explore map

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

New Explore map

Post by Seerow »

I really did love the old one, not sure why I saw boards all the time asking it to be updated. I shall miss it, but the new one does look promising at least.

It's rather neat that it's actually a map and it's rather well drawn. I'm happy to see Peka Glade on the map as well as the minion feeding place. Merana's island got renamed to Omen Island and Veta Lake is now just Veta. For some reason, the Carnival remains unnamed on the map.

It is really really small though and extremely hard to read. According to Keith's twitter it will get larger when the new layout is released though. But still, it is really small and it might have been better to wait a little and release it all at once.

Too bad we won't get to see the map change during parts of the day though, I always did love that.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Re: New Explore map

Post by Sunwolf »

Ooo, very nice! :D

Pros: Doesn't follow the same format as Neopets or all the other petsites - the round planet with a moon. It's unique.

It is a map! Very clever.

More detailed, easier to find things. The places make more "sense."

Cons: The Carnival is unlabled.

Like Seerow said, it's TINY. Things are too small to click on quickly.

I will also miss seeing the moon moving around and the lights come on at Centropolis at night. That was my favorite part of the old map.
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

Yeah, it's really small, that's my main complaint. The art is great and I like the "map" look, but it needs to be larger.
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Cute, I like it! I have a thing for old fashioned looking maps, so this is awesome in my book. It's small, but if they're going to fix that then cool. So where's the island with the hydrus pets?
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

The island was moved below The Sacred Lands.

I think the new map is beautiful, but I agree that it's tiny.
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

Hm.. I'm kind of iffy on this. The art is pretty, but I miss the old one - I really liked how it changed as the day went by. It'll take some getting used to, but it's not bad, I suppose.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I like this. :D I would like it more if it were bigger (yeahyeah, I did read the whole topic). Show of that artwork! XD
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Seerow wrote:According to Keith's twitter it will get larger when the new layout is released though.
Oh gooooood, an indication that they're planning to make the layout wider. *sighs*

I loved the globe, and how it changed depending on the time of day. That was creative and cute. It's interesting to see a map--pet sites pretty much always use a globe--and it's well drawn (if cramped because it's small for the layout). But I really did like the globe a lot, and I really don't want the layout to get any wider than it is.
Image Image
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I don't remember if they did this with the old globe, but I really like how it looks like the continents could fit together. It makes the geology geek in me happy. Massive props.
Keith

Post by Keith »

I won't put it in the thread, but if you click here, that's the full version ;).
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Ohhhh the large version of the map is stunning, Keith! Hopefully a bigger size can be used soon, even though I don't really want a wider version of Subeta XD
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

The map is beautiful, it's a shame it's so tiny onsite. *kind of looking forward to a larger version of the site, herself, though would have to redo her layouts*

I think it'd be neat if explore maybe brought up a "popup" of a bigger size of the map on top of the current page, rather than squeezing it into the content section of the page. Like a lightbox type thing. Then it could be fit better into even the current layout. Not sure how many people like popup images like that though.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I think the new map is very pretty! I love the texture look to it. I'll miss the globe and the changing moon. But this is quiet unique. The small one doesn't do it justice.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel