Omen Island Celebration!

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
covet

Re: Omen Island Celebration!

Post by covet »

Does anyone know how we pay our respects to Amy's family and reach the pirate port?
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Covet: It's on Omen Island. I have both the Treasure and the Unknown maps completed, so I'm not sure if you need one or both maps to access it.
covet

Post by covet »

Oh I can get that far, but I'm an islander so when I click on port plunder I get this:

I'm Sorry, but you aren't allowed on the Port Plunder. Perhaps if you can find a way to redeem yourself in the eyes of the pirates, you would be welcomed aboard!
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

That's interesting. Unfortunately I have no clue how the Islanders can get to the port.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

There's a new free gift that's a flower that was just released that when you click on it has the option to toss it into the water. Maybe that's how you get there?
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Tiki
Human Avatar: 8869

Post by Tiki »

Seerow wrote:There's a new free gift that's a flower that was just released that when you click on it has the option to toss it into the water. Maybe that's how you get there?
I can confirm that yes, tossing it in the water gives you access. :) And now I can gawk at the gorgeous art as well! If every area in Subeta had maps this gorgeous, I'd spend half my time just exploring for the fun of it. :D
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

So.. I threw the flower in the water to get in, but now I can't access the islander shop anymore (not that I had any points). Yet I can't get in the pirate shop either. :p

The map for the pirate area is pretty but I wish there were a highlight of some type for each area you can access to show you can click it.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see that once you use the flower you're not on a team anymore. I wonder if the face painting and stuff will become available to everyone in some form later or not?
klaatu99

Post by klaatu99 »

Well crap, about the daisy at least. I have a free gift gallery, and I want to keep it for that. And that was kindof a 'pfft' ending for the plot.

Edit: And while the new map for Port Plunder is quite nice, I wish they'd remember that the whole world isn't on broadband and include text links for those of use who are still in dialup hell.
Last edited by klaatu99 on 19 Sep 2009 07:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Feed Us Please!

KlaatuWolf on Subeta
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

This makes me sad since I'm guessing we won't have another restock war next year... which means, unlike the reading drive, they'll never be another shot at the beautiful Island stuff that you can't buy because no one could afford it. :-(

Uh... Shinwa? You locked an evil goddess on an inhabited island and are surprised when the inhabitants start making sacrifices to appease her so she doesn't, you know, kill them? Not very bright for a goddess, are you?
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

So Drunk Carl's quests seem to be a bit wonky right now. I (miraculously) was able to restock one of the items he asked for and got a Skull Bash as a prize. I do believe it's a NPC battle weapon though sadly. It has no image just the scribbles and rather awesome stats. This sucks :(
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Rah

Post by Rah »

We can't have proper beta testers or anything so best thing to do is just ticket any errors or suspected errors you find and they'll be sorted out :)

I do think some text on the map would be nice now that you mention it. It's something that never crossed my mind when it was just an image we were looking at backstage!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Aqua wrote:So.. I threw the flower in the water to get in, but now I can't access the islander shop anymore (not that I had any points).
*headdesk* I had points still... ugh. I guess that'll teach me to... do things.
Image Image
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Since I'd already used my 7 points from the war, I went ahead and tossed my flower. Now I can get to the port but not into the shop? Is that supposed to happen?
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Surely you mean Babette's shop, right?

Because you can access Babette's inn, but when an islander give the flower away, they cannot access either of the prize shops. They gave up on their islanders ways, but are not an accepted pirate.
Luxe

Post by Luxe »

You're basically teamless when you throw that flower to the sea; you become a neutral party. The pirates will accept their own or neutral parties, but not islanders.