Omen Island Celebration!

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Re: Omen Island Celebration!

Post by Alicorn »

I'm loving the new Merana art. Mmmmm, she's so sexy looking. I agree she could use a bit more plant matter on her but other then that, grrrrowl! So much better then the older one.
I also don't like the way she talks. Makes me think southern and that doesn't fit well with sea goddess. I imaged her more with a hiss to her voice, like you hear when they give snakes voices in cartoons and such.

Glad to see them moving with the plot. Even though I can't really do much on this part. It's still fun to watch. ^-^ And from the way Merana is talking, the pirates are sounding more like the good guys then the islanders, with the pirates saving the girls and such.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

There are about 9,000 of the creepy fish right now, if anyone still needs to battle some for the experience.

I find it sort of surprising that there aren't achievements or other rewards for fighting these creatures; I beat 50 of the crabs and 20 of the fish and don't seem to see much of a reason to continue battling.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Good Job, you beat Manticore Fish for the #19 time!
While running away, the Manticore Fish drops 1,981 sP for you to take!
Deschain gains 681 experience points for defeating Manticore Fish!
There are 7166 Manticore Fish(s) left
Yay! Happy. And Mezz got >700 strength from them, too. Super sweet.
Image Image
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I love the new art for Merana; it's very beautiful. The horns don't bother me, as they remind me of Desdemona (among others) from Gargoyles. The older one had more like... twin party hats? That really didn't look very much like horns to me, though I knew they were supposed to be. Her old tail also confused the hell out of me (why is it bending like that?).

Anyway, the new art is amazing.

Also, I beat one crab, then found out there were no achievements or anything and quit because I hate battling. I really need to start training my battle pet because he's nowhere near strong enough to beat the creepy fishies.
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

I didn't even realise that Merana already existed as an NPC. xD I like the new version although the sense of motion in the older one was lovely.

Beat 20 of the crabs yesterday and have just scraped 5 wins against the fish simply by overpowering them with a Aemis/Moonshine combo (my battle pet is around 170 for all his stats). I might be able to beat one more, but that'd mess up my total.
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

How come the plot is going extremely slow now? I wonder if the staff had to change the plot since the pirates won...
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

My guess would be because Keith is on vacation right now.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

Oh, is he? Didn't know that ^^
Enriana
Human Avatar: 155464

Post by Enriana »

Okay, I have a question. I came on way in the middle of this, and want to know.. is it worth trying to train one of my pets to be battle worthy (and what qualifies as battle worthy?) and buying weapons (I'd need to find some good ones, I think I have an Aemis in my vault) and all of that? Or should I wait until the next plot and do it then?

I must have opinions and/or advice!
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

On the issue of the plot, I assume the staff are trying to show some sensitivity to those who still have plot points left to spend, too.
Subeta: Thomas
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Oh god, right, the shop is going to close, isn't it? Do we know when it's going to close? I don't really have enough points to buy anything I want. *mourns hibiscuses* But I really, really don't want them going to waste.

Do the points show up correctly on trophies yet? I noticed they're not right on the forums.

Enri--I think it's very worthwhile to train up pets, in part because it's fairly easy (if annoying to click around, sometimes). But I wouldn't rush out to buy weapons right now, because they're inflated, and if you don't have a pet with great stats, it'd be pointless. But it would be good to try to take on any of the plot critters you can (mainly the crabs, as they're easiest) so you can earn exp with your battling pet. I got, oh, I dunno, a dozen or so stat points for Mezz from fighting the crabs and fish. (Failed miserably with the third wave, though, ouch.)

Aemis (like all legendaries) is a pretty good basic weapon! There are better, but the better ones are so massively expensive.... oof. But if you want to get into battling at all, there are some good threads on the subeta forum--click on Forums, then Battle, then the thread at the top that says something like "useful battling threads" and look through them. Lots of tips about weapons and such.
Image Image
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

My friend trained one of his pets to the 1000s within a year of joining the site, using level boosters after he got to a certain point (some are relatively cheap). So it really doesn't take as long as people may think to have a pet capable of taking on some of the mid-level and hard opponents.

On the other hand, it took me 2 years of training to get my main pet to the 1000s (almost 3 years to the 1500s) without using level boosters until very recently and maybe not being as obsessive about time as he was. But the new alert system would really help with point two.

Even without the wars it pays off to a point by winning stuff like Lucents, Prodigy Staffs and Malerias Cursed Arm Bangles through battling. There were also a few cool things dropped by the Halloween opponents, if they decide to release them again this year.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Good Job, you beat Levia for the #1 time!
While running away, the Levia drops 49,999 sP for you to take!
Ishka gains 7,999 experience points for defeating Levia!
There are 862 Levia(s) left
Yay :D Wasn't sure I'd be able to, but my Chancellors War Shield and Daemon (I never knew it was a weapon! It's a book usually.) reflected 98% of his damage and my healing scroll kept me alive. Too bad he doesn't drop anything :(
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

x3 I couldnt even beat the crab
Image Image
ImageImage
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I personally just used a Emo Spork and dead Levia. :P

I usually use my EXP on health points, as it's the stat I get the least bonuses with training. Phil has 400 health points, and is around 350 for everything else but level.