I Am Back! Maybe?

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Enriana
Human Avatar: 155464

I Am Back! Maybe?

Post by Enriana »

Hello, my ducklings. I have missed you all!

Between the (OMGGORGEOUSOMG) glade pets and the very savvy idea of the loyalty boxes (I have one, and am due for another in a few weeks! yaaay pet slots!), I am seriously considering returning to Subeta.

However, I need some updates. I know how DPs work now, but what have I missed? Is vending still a good way to make money? Restocking?

I know I'm going to have a ridiculously hard time getting all the DPs/token shop items/costume trunk items/other rare and limited things that I've missed in the year or so that I've been away, but I actually have a surprisingly high amount of sP in the bank, some rare stuff in my vault, and I might just be able to make it work.

So! Fill me in!
Iggy

Re: I Am Back! Maybe?

Post by Iggy »

Vending is still profitable in small quantities, and surely not at OD. Restocking is so and so right now, due to the RS war. :)

SBQ no longer vends, so it's back as expensive items. (Like, 30M for a r84 wig, weeks after its release)

Oh, and the loyalty boxes actually allow you to get over 20/22 pets. I should get my 24th one in October. Name is already chosen and all.
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Enri!! *glomp tackles*

I have also just returned from a very long Neopets/Subeta hiatus. ^^ I can't fill you in on much regarding the sites, but I just had to say hi! It feels great to come back, doesn't it? :D
Image Image
Enriana

Post by Enriana »

MM!! I haven't talked to you in SO LONG! *HUGS!*

It'll be quite a long while before I'll have 24 pets, Iggs! You and Ty amaze me with your uber pet slots! I'm beyond amazed and thrilled just to have 12. :P

I shall start doing some wiz quests, then, and hoard tokens! I'm assuming SBQ is Subeautique? Quite tragic that it doesn't vend, considering how shiny that stuff is! Oh, well. I think I'm going to be more focused on pet treasure chests than avatars - maybe I'll sell some of my old avatar stuff for sP.

By "small quantities" do you mean "1-5mil a week" (like it was the last time I played) or "a few hundred k"?
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Yeps, around 1-5M. While I don't vend anymore (I started to dabble in reselling), it's still profitable when you get new items :D
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

WELL HI, ENRI. ;D

Wait, Iggy - do I need to already have 20/22 pets to get 24 by using the boxes? Or do those not "count" as regular pet slots, and therefore I can maybe someday in a fantasy world get enough of the mystical plushies to add on more slots to 24?

I am confused. D:

(Also, what is SBQ?)
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

SBQ is the abbreviation for Subeautique. And yeah Mayhem, you have to already have 20/22 pets in order to get more then that total, as the total allowed is still technically 20.

Welcome back Enri! Missed seeing you around here. Nothing much has really changed in the workings of Subeta. Wiz quests are still one of the best bets for making sp. Vending is still as annoying as ever, so I can't say how profitable that is. I never had any luck at it myself.

Some feature updates that might interest you.

- Not sure if you used the forums or not, but you can now ping people using @usernamehere on the forums to send them an event letting them know. Kinda handy.

- You can organize your vault and wishlists by price which is handy, if not a little buggy.

- The wardrobe is also all sorts of screwy right now. With not being able to see all the clothing on Subeta anymore (the overlay images refuse to load unless you own the item) and the Subetahq generator being down, it's a royal pain in the ass to make a new HA. However there is a neat hair coloring area where you can add highlights etc to the normal hair styles. You can also I guess arrange clothes into drawers you create so they are easier to find, but I haven't messed with it much.

- Names are set to clear up here in roughly a week or two, so that's exciting news right :P
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Names are set to clear soon? How long does the name have to be inactive before it's purged? Because I now have one to stalk. XD

Anyway, hi, Enri! I don't think we've met before? I have a horrible memory. Which means I don't usually remembers what's happened until someone else brings it up, but I do know there were several events/plots, but the items from those are all probably somewhat deflated by now, so I wouldn't think that in itself would be a problem. :/
Enriana

Post by Enriana »

I saw the sorting by price feature! Very handy INDEED. :D

That should be exciting, yes! Though I don't have a name I'm looking for.. still, I shall browse the pound and BE AMAZED. I <3 real word names, after all. With two new pets to plan out, it should be swell!

Would selling off a good deal of my wardrobe stuff be more profitable if I waited until HAs were actually working? I'm thinking yes. ;)

I don't think so, Starwind - I poofed around the time you joined, I think! But hi all the same. :)
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Enri, welcome back!
Would selling off a good deal of my wardrobe stuff be more profitable if I waited until HAs were actually working? I'm thinking yes. ;)
I'm trying to figure out what you mean by this xD HAs -are- working, as far as I know. I haven't heard about anyone having trouble with them?

ETA: Oh, also! One thing you'll want to do is go through your profile and change all the .ws links to .net. .ws still works, but all the official stuff is linked to .net, and anyone who is using the .net page (most if not all of us here at least!) will be 'logged out' on any of your .ws links :3
Last edited by Jessi on 07 Aug 2009 04:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

Really, they are? I can't ever get images from the "View all clothing" section to work, which makes making new HAs a pain since I don't keep much clothing on hand usually. The Subetahq generator also doesn't bring up any clothing.

I thought other people were having this issue too, as I read about it on the forums. Does the wardrobe work for other people then?
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Seerow, I hadn't actually tried to change my HA today, and you know I only hang out in one section of the forums xD So I hadn't seen anything. But I just went to use my wardrobe and all of my clothing is loading and it's letting me put it on just fine? So it seems to be working for uh, me at least.

Though the other day I was trying to 'view all clothing' on the actual site to find out if there were some items I wanted and NOTHING would show up on my HA. Not sure if it's related to that?
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

The view all option was broken by the addition of drawers. SubetaHQ has been up and down a lot lately, so maybe that's why you couldn't see anything there?

Anyway,

HI ENRI! I AM HAPPY TO SEE YOUR TEXT AGAIN.
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

Yup, that's it exactly Jessi :D Like Huggles said, since the intro of the drawers feature, the View All Clothing in Subeta doesn't work. I can use my own clothing perfectly fine, but without that feature (or Subetahq generator working) it's pretty much useless for me since I don't keep much clothing on hand and just buy what I need for whatever outfit I am using.

Anyway!

Accounts (and consequently pet names) clear after roughly a year of being on a inactive account and I believe 10 months on a frozen account. It may be 8 months on a frozen account, I've heard both time frames. Keith has to do this by hand so it doesn't occur right as an account hits a year. But the next batch of inactive accounts has about 1-2 weeks left before they should be cleared, so yay.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Oh drat. The one I'm looking at is on an inactive account, so it won't go for another 3 months at least. That'll be fine, though because I don't have money to buy anymore pet slots anyway. XD