Pet treasure chest suggestions wanted

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Rakumel

Pet treasure chest suggestions wanted

Post by Rakumel »

Ever since the loyalty prizes were passed out, I've been hanging out on Subeta more. I qualified for one, and since I didn't think I'd be playing much anymore, I used it for my "last" goal on there: paint my pet Rhodney Nuclear.

Haha, big mistake. I didn't count on getting back into Subeta again, and looking back on it, I should've chosen the gold medal option. I'm starting to want more pet slots. XD Especially for one of those pretty new Glade pets. But Rhodney looks great, so I don't regret it.

Anyhow, to the point of this post...now I'm looking for more things to put in his treasure chest. Rhodney's a replacement for my old pet McKay, both of whom are named after the character Rodney McKay from the Stargate series. So, I thought it'd be neat if some of his treasures also had some references to other works of science fiction. For example, the minion Trumpii. It's clearly a reference to the movie Pod People, more specifically the Mystery Science Theater 3000 version. ("Wow, Trumpy! You can do stupid magic things!" "It's called 'evil', kid.") There's also the Celestial Towel, a reference to Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy. And then there's the Slicing Light weapons and book Atebus Wars referencing Star Wars. Those are just ones I can think of off the top of my head; I'm sure there's quite a few others I'm missing.

I'm also looking for aliens, some insects, and any video game-related things (they can be references too, just like the sci-fi stuff). So, ah...any suggestions? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Re: Pet treasure chest suggestions wanted

Post by Griffin »

I don't know about specific series references, but my pet Kole has some things in his treasure chest that you might be able to tie into the theme:

Image Tiny Invasive Alien (a book drive item, thus some kinda book reference I guess)
Image Shining UFO
Image Love Rocket
Image Alien Egg
Image Putrescent Jelly Vial
Image Clockwork Robo Blob Kitty
Image Bottled Star
Image Discarded Cogs
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Re: Pet treasure chest suggestions wanted

Post by Sunwolf »

How about:

Image Cobal (from Aliens)

Image I Believe Tank (from "X-Files")

Image Meatbot (from here - http://www.terrybisson.com/page6/page6.html)
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.