Massive Name Clearing Tomorrow

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Massive Name Clearing Tomorrow

Post by Officer 1BDI »

From the news:
Tomorrow evening (From 4PM-8PM Subeta Time) we will be clearing expired account names, and pet names.

This is what will be removed:

* Frozen accounts over 8 months.
* Unfrozen inactive accounts over 12 months.
I'm not sitting and waiting on any names myself, but I wish luck to anyone who is.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Re: Massive Name Clearing Tomorrow

Post by Seerow »

Well shit. Of course it had to be when school starts back up for me :( I don't even get out of class till 4:15 and I have to drive all the way across town. Don't even know if I'll get a chance to grab the name I want or not as I also have to be at work at 6pm.

If anyone is going to have a free space (or two) and wouldn't mind creating a name and holding onto it for me, please let me know. I would love you forever!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Tiki
Human Avatar: 8869

Post by Tiki »

I've been poking around for a few days now, coming up with random real word names. Nearly everything that I've found is on a frozen account, though... is there any way to know how long accounts have been frozen, other than bugging staff? I'd hate to do that, since I'm sure they are already getting dozens of messages now.

Honestly I'm just as excited to see what appears in the adoption center... "one man's trash," and all that.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I am waiting for a name that only three or so people know of, haha. I have kept it -very- secret. I'm not even 100% sure it'll free up tomorrow, but I'm ready if it does.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I've got one name I've been waiting for for awhile, along with a few others that might be nice. Activated my first GA, so I've already made Flauto and Archetier to avoid them being snatched up. Seerow, I have space so I can make a pet for you!
Enriana
Human Avatar: 155464

Post by Enriana »

Gaaah. I'm due for another pet slot (I've been a member for 2 years, 11 months, 4 weeks!), but haven't actually gotten the item yet. I'm not even going to look for possible names.. I'll just have to hope that by the time I get a slot (and an idea), something will still be free.

Best of luck Seerow, Jessi, Joey! My fingers and toes are crossed for you!
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

If you don't want to fill a ticket to check frozen accounts, or clear lookups, just sMail me on Subeta. I'm going to check. My username is Tche, for people that forgot.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, DO NOT COMMENT ME, OR PM ME HERE. ODDS ARE THAN I WON'T RECHECK HERE BEFORE I GO TO BED.

As for comments, as I'm staff, odds of comment stalking are higher. Yes, it may seem vain, but I don't want you to risk a name because of stalkers.
covet

Post by covet »

can someone remind me how many pet slots the donadak and montre toys give again? I have this feeling they were changed at some point and I'm not sure if their description info is old. Or were they just lowered in price?

I may need one. the name i want is the only pet on an inactive account 12 months, 1 week and one day.

Also, is there any way to check when a user was last active if their lookup has been edited to hide the information?
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

They were lowered in price, Covet, but they haven't been changed :D Donadak gives 2, Montre gives 1

One way to kind of check is to see if they have any trades up. I'm not sure if UAs can give that kind of info otherwise?
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Whee I got Anders!! There's some more names that I sort of want, but I got the one I really wanted, so I'm more then thrilled. He's going to be a Glade Tutani, and a few people know I've been looking for this name to clear up since the Tutani came out :)

*Dances* Best of luck to everyone else!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Tiki
Human Avatar: 8869

Post by Tiki »

I can't believe I got all 3 I was stalking, but I did!

Dandelion - Glade Devonti
Journey - ??? I just love this name, haha!
Blanket - Chibi something-or-other

I mentioned on the forums at Subeta that I'll be pounding Triton (never could get attached to him), so if anyone here likes that name please let me know and we can try to time it so you can adopt him. He's a Graveyard Paralix right now.
covet

Post by covet »

Oh damn damn damn damn, I leave the screen for two second and the name I wanted (Robert) is both cleared and retaken. Damn. I wish I hadn't used my extra pet totem now.

Ah well, if anyone knows any pretty (possibly starry feathery or flowry) names going free, let me know. What a bummer.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

My name hasn't freed up yet, and supposedly they're done freeing up names... even though the account it's frozen on is at least 9 and a half months frozen and it SHOULD have been freed.

I don't know if I should keep refreshing or not. But i'm so frustrated, argh.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

They are done? :/

None of the three names (frozen over 8 months) I've been keeping my eye on freed up. I think they just released the names from abandoned over a year accounts.

EDIT: They just did!! :D
Last edited by zebru on 24 Aug 2009 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

The one name I was really looking for, Theremin, is now mine! I was worried it wouldn't free up because the account was two days short of the deadline, but I guess I got lucky!