Revamped training area

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Revamped training area

Post by Seerow »

Didn't think this would fit will with the revamped forums topic, so I made a separate one. I don't mind if this get merged though.

At first I wasn't too fond of it, I just saw PINK! everywhere. But actually, I think this might be a decent change. I like the addition of the stats on the page, as it was annoying before trying to remember what stat I needed to train in. Changing the square to blue while training is a nice visual clue to see what pets are currently training if you are using more then one pet. So yay for a decent change for once!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Revamped training area

Post by AngharadTy »

I'd be much more satisfied if it didn't still have major issues with the "back" function on browsers. The changes are a nice step forward, definitely (although, pink, seriously? For once on subeta there's a good place to use gray, and they're not?), but until "back" actually works (or it reloads the page on its own without having to hit "back" at all), it's still going to be the same amount of irritation overall (same number of clicks, etc.).
Image Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I never have that issue Ty :( I just hit the "add alert" button and go on my way. I only train one pet though. I can see how it must be annoying as hell though!

There is a glitch right now that, no matter what stat you choose to train in, you are given level instead. So if you're close to the cutoff of various training times, maybe hold out for a bit until the glitch is cleared up? It would suck to get bumped up a tier on accident due to this.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Merry Christmas everyone! I agree that gray should have been used, but it is better than before, because of the addition of stats. Not great, but better.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

It's not bad. They used up the space well. But... pink? One would think the bar color would match with the theme you're currantly using (but, hey, it matches my cCSS anyway).

Hey, if you get your pet over level 5000, how do you keep training it?
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I didn't get an alert for Mezzanine's training session, but her level is the same, so I assume that it's right about the defense going up.

My problem is still that, even though I can see what the stats are, I'm still going to brute-force it and go, "defense just trained? okay, try training defense again" and see whether that works or not--and if it doesn't, I have to reload the page entirely. I either have to do the math and figure out exactly what stats I can have at the current level--haha--or just try it. Maybe it'll spare that sometimes, because if I have X defense and I've just raised health to the same X, then I know I can't train health anymore, as I always train them in order.

But I'm still going to run into the "try? failed" wall plenty, and that's the most frustrating thing. Training is clunky.

(...and why is speed still below level?)
Image Image
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

The only thing that bothered me is that (luckily) my battle pet was at the top and I never had to scroll down to click the buttons. But I just adblocked Jim, so... yeah. Problem solved!

Hmm. I'm pleased with this change.
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I like it. It feels a bit cluttered but is well worth it. The only thing I would like better would be able to drag and drop the pets to put ones I focus on at the top (kind of like the pet order page). My main pet is first but the others are scattered throughout.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

The new interface is nice (loving the fact that I can see the stats now), but I still stand by my suggestion of having it like the Quick Stock so we can do multiple pets at once.