Wishlists: Now With Categories!

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Enriana
Human Avatar: 155464

Wishlists: Now With Categories!

Post by Enriana »

It looks like you can now create categories for wishlist items, and then sort them, like you do with shops and galleries.

I think this is an awesome feature, and am planning to start sorting once I get a chance to go through my epic wishlist.

My hope is that soon we'll be able to view others' wishlists by price, like we can our own. For now, though, I think this is a cool idea - definitely useful in many different ways!
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Re: Wishlists: Now With Categories!

Post by Alicorn »

I also find this very cool. I shall be working hard on this later. **starts planning**

And now you can sort other peoples wishlist by user price. \o/ I'm a very happy girl now! XD
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I very nearly had a heart attack when I went to my Wishlist just now and it only came up with a Fire Wand (or whatever) and thought my entire WL had been deleted.
Wish there was a way to turn that off. I don't want to have to click through more pages just to get to my main wishlist. I doubt I'll use the feature very much, but it might be handy for Secret Santa in a few months.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

OMG Seerow, I had a similar moment of panic. I was like '...Why is the only thing in my wishlist the Death Book? If I have to refill this entire thing... *eyetwitch*'

But after I realized what was going on I calmed down XD

I do wish that part wasn't there, or it was combined with the part where you actually view your wishlist items. It's kind of a bothersome extra step.

Oh well, organization! Yaaay!
<3
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Yesssss! Exactly what I need!

An option to rename our categories would be nice, tho. :x
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

A couple thoughts:

Definitely needs a "view all" option again.

When you add an item to your wishlist, it should stay in that section of the wishlist--not go back to the category page.

The link from friends' wishlists to add-this-item-to-your-wishlist is gone, apparently. I used that!

Do you guys think anyone will ever think to check the "No Category" items? I left some things uncategorized, like CSC cards, etc. But I'm also thinking, like, will I even remember to check my own No Category category? Hehe.

Overall, yayyyyyy categories! I've wanted this for so long!
Image Image
Enriana
Human Avatar: 155464

Post by Enriana »

I'll be sure to look at "No Category" items, now that you mention it, Ty! Alternatively, you can make a "Misc" category, and pull all the "No Category" items there.

I also used the "add" function when browsing other wishlists - it's been especially helpful in terms of helping me see new shinies that I'd missed in my hiatus.

I'm having a ridiculous amount of fun sorting my stuff into categories. This is going to make buying stuff so much easier! :D
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I like this new categories thing. :D Most of it is going under miscellaneous, but that's okay. I'm only leaving the cash shop items in the uncategorized section.

Edit: Just remembered, it would be nice to have a category editor, like if you made a spelling mistake, and didn't notice until after you categorized everything. So that you don't have to go back, delete the category, make it again, and recategorize everything. :D
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I found out that if you have the same item in two categories and delete one, it deletes them both. But then if you add it back to the one you really want it in, it adds it to both. I had to use the dropdown to move an item from one category to the other, and ended up with the item twice in the final category, but deleting one seems to have worked this time. Awkward. ;)
Image Image
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I found out that, in "user price" sort, it re-sets the category in the "drop down" to "no category." So, if you delete an item in "user price" sort -- which is how I usually use my WL -- it takes every item that has a user price and returns it to "no category."

Annoying, but hopefully an easy fix when/if someone notices it.