September '09 DPs

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Enriana
Human Avatar: 155464

September '09 DPs

Post by Enriana »

Sapphire-Encrusted Celinox Plushie

Cinnamon Bun Beret - wearable
Spoiler: open/close
Cold Refreshing Lemonade - wearable
Big Bear Hoodie - wearable
Forget Me Not Dragon - wearable
Dark Matter Cobra

Sephira

The Last Days of Summer

Lightly Embossed Breastplate of Clarity - wearable
Fabled Seven Headed Swampie Plushie

Rarely is there a month where I don't grab one DP or another - however, none of these excite me. The lemonade is probably my favourite, but I don't have a pet that'd want it, and I'm focusing on treasures right now.

Despite having a bunch of pets with very diverse interests, nothing here is something I'd need to grab for a pet. The possible exception is the book, but I dislike the angle it was drawn on, so I may not grab it. (There are enough pretty books I need to get as it is.)

There's nothing particularly wrong with any of them, they're just not my thing. It's disappointing, because I was quite looking forward to these. Oh, well! Next month is October, which should have enough awesome spooky things to make up for this blah month.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Re: September '09 DPs

Post by hebdenhippy »

Some quite nice items this month, nothing I absolutely need, but I'll probably get a few of them anyway.
I really wish the Forget Me Not Dragon was a minion rather than a wearable. It would make a lovely minion, but I've no use for it as a wearable.
I'll probably get the Sapphire-Encrusted Celinox Plushie, because I've been collecting the encrusted plushies. And maybe the Sephira because it's pretty. I like the item art on the Cold Refreshing Lemonade, too.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

The Forget me Not Dragon and lemonade are definite must have's for me. The lemonade background is pretty though dunno if I'll ever use it. It makes a lovely lovely item though!
I may also pick up the cobra (I do love snakes!) and the Celinox Plushie.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

This is the first time I've wanted one of the gem-encrusted plushies, actually. I think it's lovely, and I want it for Aerynn's treasures, as sort of a memento from back in the day when he used to be a 'snow' Celinox rather than a 'snow' Wyllop.

I also want the book, for Medi's treasures... because "The Last Days of Summer" seem to prelude into the beginning of autumn, and it's fitting. Though I have to think about it, because it really doesn't -match- the rest of his treasures - they're so orange xD

The Forget-Me-Not Dragon is beautiful, although I like a few others kind of wish it was a minion, rather than a wearable. I might have to grab it anyway, just because it's such a beautiful item ;_;
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

This is also the first time I've contemplated getting one of the gem-encrusted plushies. Beautiful!

Nothing else I want, though.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Nothing jumps at me except for Sephira. Still not sure I'll be getting one - since they made it possible to choose items from DPs, minions and plushies are a bit on a pricey side.
Cinnamon Bun Beret is very pretty to, but I can't see myself using it much.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

The dragon, Sephira, and the Celinox Plushie are must haves for me <3 All are so lovely!

The Lightly Embossed Breastplate of Clarity made me go "What the . . ?" It's so plain and uninteresting. Really, you expect us to pay real money for that?
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Just a note: The Lightly Embossed Breastplate of Clarity is also an OK defensive weapon - it reflects all air and blocks a few other icons (for those curious about exact icons there is a thread on the BC forum). However, the Kabuto of Deathward is a much cheaper air reflector (which also has some offensive icons that have a chance of being reflected back at you).

I'll probably get the turtle, the dragon, the book and the breastplate (the last since weapons seem to change a lot and I don't want to be without an air reflector).
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

The lemonade is nice and the dragon is cute, but I don't need anything this month. Although, that celinox is adorable.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

I have to have the lemonade because I always regret not getting background wearables if I don't, and the Forget Me Not Dragon is just adorable as an item. I'll need to get both of those. The celinox plushie, swampie plushie, and the Saphira are all really cute, but not must-haves.
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

The only thing that caught my eye was the Celinox plushie. I LOVE Celinoxes. And this plushie is so freaking adorable. ^w^
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

So I'm definitely going to get the beret and one (or two!) lemonade. Yes.

The angle of the breastplate is bizarre. Why would they have it upside down like that? ROTATE IT!
The Celinox plushie is really cute, also. It looks a bit too 'alive' rather than plushie-like, imo.
The Cobra is badass. Might get one of those, too...
zebru wrote:Nothing jumps at me except for Sephira. Still not sure I'll be getting one - since they made it possible to choose items from DPs, minions and plushies are a bit on a pricey side.
I agree!
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

My favorite of this batch is the forget-me-not dragon. It was an instant must have! Not to wear (I find the wearable version not as good looking) but just to have as an item. It's just so damn cute! My wife was super sweet and bought one for me, yay! Now it's sitting happly in my glade kora's treasure chest. Though I also wish it was a minion, it would make such a good companion for him. I also must admit, when I first saw it I thought it was one of the season dragons. We really need the winter and summer version of those.

The jewel plushie for this month is quiet cute! I'm very tempted to snag one for myself. And I thought it about time the celinox got made into one of these plushies, I mean it's so perfect for this type of plushie.

I'm also very tempted to get the dark matter cobra. I mean I'm such a lover of snakes and I find this one so pretty. **sticks on wishlist**

The rest of the items I can do without. I must admit I'm missing the gem wigs. I always looked forward to those every month.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Tiki
Human Avatar: 8869

Post by Tiki »

I was afraid there would be a ton of sapphire-related things that I needed this year, now that I own September... but in reality, nothing really excites me enough to spend that much sP to put in her treasure. I'll grab both minions eventually for my minion gallery, but that's it.