Shops page revamp

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Shops page revamp

Post by Seerow »

I think maybe there should be a "Revamped features" thread or something, with all the new revamps occurring around Subeta that don't really fit into the revamped items thread.

Anyway, the Shops page is the latest to get a makeover. Not like the Main Shops page, but the listing of your shops if you click on the "Your Shops" sidebar button.
Having all the items displayed and shop till is going to be handy (when it's done being glitched), especially if you are trying for the hoarder achievements and such. I wish the font wasn't so big though, it looks very strange next to the normal sized shop names. Speaking of shop names, I wish you could click on those too to get to the shop main page. The name were what we've always used so I automatically head to those instead of the picture.
Overall, it's an improvement but I hope it gets a bit of an update still, mainly the font size.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Ierosbats

Re: Shops page revamp

Post by Ierosbats »

This is... nice, I guess? I think revamping the Main Shops page would have been a better use of time, but hey. One step at a time. The site looks only as good as the ugliest art and the Main Shops page scores pretty high on the Fug-lometer. It's right up there with the Krypts. Those features are revamps I could get behind.

I dunno. The old Your Shops page wasn't really that bad, was it? This revamp seems so random. I wouldn't say the new version is THAT much better but at least it isn't worse (like the godawful new forums) so I guess that's a success.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I kinda like it. :D Yeah, the font could be smaller, and the names could be linked, but I'm glad it takes up more room than one tiny line at the top.

I always hated the old shops page... Always.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Jeez. I don't like being faced with that many zeros (three galleries, nothing's sold, of course) and I don't like the old, boring shop/gallery images. That was one of the nice things about a V2 profile--I could make my own shop images and get those fugly things away.

On a more constructive note of criticism, it's good that those images are links to the shop pages, but the shop name should also be links. This is true of a lot of things around subeta--pet names in the basic pet section on V2 profiles, HA images in the friends section on profiles, etc.
Image Image