Revamped Items, Minions, Etc.

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Re: Revamped Items, Minions, Etc.

Post by Cranberry »

Thanks, Rah! Heh, figures the two I was most upset about (Firefox and Patches) were your art. Even when I don't immediately recognize that it's Rah art, I still love it. ;)

Also, check it out! I used that code Jessi posted to overlay the original Firefox in Kabus's treasure (and I put the old Noctou back as well. I liked the old cartoony look). :)
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I'm so glad you were able to do that, Cranberry. It's awesome you were able to get things back to the way you wanted.

I feel like I should make clear that I usually love Arbor's art; anyone looking at the main page of my account can tell that. I think of my 19 pets, 7 were drawn by Arbor - so it's not like I think these changes were DOOMED from the start because she has now redrawn a huge number of minions into her style.

It's just, when I buy something with the intention of collecting it, it's because I already love it. I am therefore probably going to dislike any changes forced onto my lovely, so from that aspect, yes, any changes are, in my eyes, probably DOOMED from the start.

I am very pleased that overlays work in treasures, but my primary item focus is in my gallery, and so far as I know, overlays don't work in shops/galleries. Which makes perfect sense, given that shops that showed one thing and sold another would be bad. V.v.v.bad. =D

So if I seem dramatic about changes to items I once loved, it's because an overlay probably won't work for me -- although I'm now giving serious thought to renaming one of my pets and making its treasure into a place for me to overlay items back into the thing I once loved. It might get expensive, but if I can think of a name that will work with the concept, I so won't care. =D

I'm thrilled to hear the minion changes are almost over, but just in case, I ran around today saving images. Just in case. *clings to Krotias, Pumpki-Pumpki Bird and Skoth*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Teera

Post by Teera »

I apologize if this was already mentioned and I missed it, but wouldn't My Image Here be really handy for this situation? Admittedly, I haven't used it myself, so I don't know if it really works, but I do keep hearing about it.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Thanks for uploading the firefox, Rah! That was possibly my favorite minion, and it holds a very important place in my favorite pet's treasures. I was wavering over how to replace it, but now I think I'll do an overlay. I hate to use that workaround too often, because it feels like a cheat, but this was a big enough disappointment to warrant it. I certainly see the need for some of these minion revamps, and I think ones like the eaglet are much cuter now. I don't understand, though, why the firefox was changed, and especially in such a dramatic way. I don't see anything wrong with the original version.
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

I really hate it when a lot of things get revamped at once, it's so much harder to focus on them, for me, anyway :c.

ANYWAY. I miss the old Patches, and will be taking it off my wishlist when I get a minute. Same with the Firefox; tbh, with a lot of these, I don't.. get where the revamp was needed. This is one of them.. I mean, the //quality// of the art is nice. But it just looks.. odd to me. The new Kastani is just.. what. What's going on with the shading? It's eye creeps me out, too.

Chirps looks off to me, as well; one of those 'about a pixel of the expression was changed, but it's still different' revamps :( If that made any sense at all.. I'm not going into every revamp, cause I'm lazy and stuff, but a lot of these are slight changes that change a /lot/. I ALSO AGREE THAT OLD DOES NOT EQUAL BAD. But then again, not all change is good, either :c.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
Farseek

Post by Farseek »

Ahhhhhhh! This was my only minion that got changed. I loved the old one with its sad little expression. It was a perfect contrast for my super happy pet Selphie. I also don't remember the old version being so dog like. This reminds me of a cocker spaniel. Anyone have an image of the old one for comparision? Guess it's time to find a new minion for Selphie. Pretty sure this revamp will not grow on me :P BTW if you do happen to like it, the price has dropped drastically lol
Not all who wander are lost.
Kamik

Post by Kamik »

I wish I could see the old Starpy to compare it to the new one, I didn't see the old one before it got revamped. Also I've noticed a new revamp when I was looking at Tweek Tweak's treasure chest, the Slushies have been revamped. (I'm not sure if anyone has pointed that out)

(Don't have the old image sadly) Image
I don't really like the new one, but the old one looked full but it was shiny. New revamped items are losing their shinyness. (Is that a word?)
Wishing for Orange Spots...
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Woe.

Image Image

New (or at least new to me) ghost and rainbow gems. They used to be so pretty and shiny, and sadly, I don't have either old image saved. Does anyone here happen to have them, please? As soon as I can find a name I like free I am totally creating a pet who has all of the old art I loved and miss in its treasure, and I'd love to include these two items.

What do the current artists have against shiny things anyway? I can't be the only one who has noticed that once shiny items are mostly turning dull as dishwater. What's up with that?
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Image Caramel pudding?

This was in Dulce's treasure. I'm almost positive it used to be flan, and also looked like flan even if the art was old. I happen to like to new art, sort of, but what the heck happened here? Even if it was always caramel pudding, I bought it because it looked like flan and now it no longer does.
Rah

Post by Rah »

Huggles - it was always pudding, but I can draw a set of flans soon :)
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Hooray for flan! Just so we're clear, you mean the food and not some sort of fantasy type jelly monster?
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Or a firefly fan? :D
Rah

Post by Rah »

xD No fantasy jelly monsters! I mean that awesome wobbly thing with the brown sugary top that if you have a small one you can suck it all up in one go and it's hilarious xD Over here in England flans are slightly different things, but I assume the wobbly jelly-like caramel one is the one you want! (We call those caramel desserts for some reason)
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Question: does anyone have the old Rainbow Gems art? I'd like to overlay it in Dancinglight's treasure.