Human avatars

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Re: Human avatars

Post by Wingsrising »

Guess what movie I saw yesterday!

I was inspired by a thread of people doing this on the HA forum and there are definitely better wigs for this, but I don't have any of them.

This is the first time I've use the tanning salon!

EDIT: In other news, the price of Horselords Braid has gone way up if you have one you were planning to sell. :-)
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

wings...how do you get the stripes on your HA? I have seen several HAs dressed up like the characters in Avatar and most have those stripes...I can't for the life of me figure out what they are. You look great BTW!
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

shaelyn76 wrote:wings...how do you get the stripes on your HA? I have seen several HAs dressed up like the characters in Avatar and most have those stripes...I can't for the life of me figure out what they are. You look great BTW!
I believe it's the item called
Blue Striped Concoction:
Image Image
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Yup, that it is.

Some people have the vampire sparkle thing from the reading contest, or the jar of snowflakes on, instead.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

It started out wanting to be the blue Na'vi avatar. But pretty much everything had already been done, so I decided to make her white and now she's a previously unknown arctic Na'vi 0_o
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Faun

Post by Faun »

Seerow thats so pretty! Yours too wings! i love that film.
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

Dammit, I just saw this movie yesterday, now I really need to make one...
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I've been terribly uninspired with HAs lately, so I reworked one of my old favorites. I like it better this way, but I still wish I could do something a bit different with the legs.

Oh well. x.x

I'm loving all of the Avatar tributes. Now if someone would just buy my ridiculously over-priced Horselord's Braid. =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
shaelyn76

Post by shaelyn76 »

thank you Wings and Mistress! I now own a few of the concoctions and I love the effect they have on the HA. Now I really, really want to see Avatar instead of just really...singular.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

I really like the shirt that comes in the male Box of Turkish Delight and this is what I came up with involving it :P
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

I got the urge to urge into my nightie. And so I did just that. :D
Subeta: Thomas
shaelyn76

Post by shaelyn76 »

Okay guys...this is HA related so i figured this was the best place to post about it here. While cruising around the forums on Subeta, my boyfriend came across a post asking about the new Chipper tattoos being in the body layer instead of the arm layer. Luxe came on and said that she had instructed the artists to put all items that are designed to be worn on the skin in the Body layer. Now, both he and I find this a rather disturbing development as that means that all the tattoos, body paints, henna kits, things of that nature will now be on the body layer which will limit their use severely. Another poster asked about if this meant we would have to use the Oh La La Layers item to wear all 4 tattoo sheets at once(not sure which 4 they were referring to). As of the time I am typing this, Luxe (nor any other staff member) had replied to the question. Perhaps I am just jaded and a bit conspiratorial in nature, but it seems that there isn't a real reason for this move other than to encourage more Cash Shop purchases of the Oh La La Layers item. Why would a tattoo that is only on the shoulder of the HA now be in the Body layer? Why would the Bonfire Ankle tattoos be put in the Body layer when they obviously only cover the ankles? I personally like to have several of the different tats and henna kits mixed up on my HA from time to time and this will make it very difficult to really utilize these items to their fullest. Sometimes I like to layer the tats or henna over clothing items to make a pattern, but that just won't work as well with this new policy in place ...unless I pony up a few more dollars to the cash shop for an Oh La La Layers. Again, maybe it is just me, but I feel like this is pushing for less creative use of these particular items and more money spent in the cash shop.

http://www.subeta.net/forums/view/639313 link to forum referenced in case anybody wants to read through it themselves and/or comment there about what they think of this.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I think they mean, like, the spider web/pumpkin/leaf/etc. tattoos from Trick or Treating a couple years ago--those come in sets of four.

Also, dumb: that's all I have.
Image Image
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

While I think this is stupid, I DO have to say that I REALLY don't think it's because they want to gouge people into buying the Oh La La layers or whatever thing in the cash shop to increase cash shop sales. I mean, it's a dollar. I understand a dollar can add up fast if 200 people are buying a $1 item, but $200 isn't going to pay the artists or UAs or keep the servers running. I think Andi is just trying to keep everything organized.

I do think this is really, really stupid and silly, like I said, but I can almost guarantee it is NOT because they want to force people to use the cash shop.
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

Well this sucks :( Tattoos are one of my favorite items on Subeta by far.
It's times like these that I wish there was a general pool of how many items we could wear (like no more then 20 or whatever) and it wouldn't matter where those items came from. Would help so much on the incredibly full layers like hair or face.