Human avatars

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Re: Human avatars

Post by Alicorn »

You're wonderful with your face layers Kamil. I would of never guessed that was 5. They blend together so beautifully. **stares**

I quiet like your winter theme HA TC. It's quiet pretty. ^-^

I agree Marah, there so should of been a fireside theme contest! Though I can see why they didn't, would of been to close together with the winter one. Ah well!
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I think more themed HA contests in general would be fun.

Hmm. I'm not sure this quite worked somehow. I wouldn't mind some pants/boots/long skirt that matched the aurora clothes.

Random aside: when I first saw the Tron trunks I was like, WTF? But when I looked at the individual sets I think the female pieces might actually be pretty useful.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

AngharadTy wrote: Image
I got to vote for you, yay -- the first HA I recognized in the contest.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Yay! Pyramid Head Girl will give you a kiss under her mistletoe.
Image Image
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

Thanks for the kind words! I wish I was seeing more of your entries this time around - I've seen one by someone I know, but otherwise am pretty much being confronted by hideous constantly. :c
Subeta: Thomas
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I didn't mention in my last post... but I think EVERYONE'S winter avatar that's been posted here is fabulous! I wish all the ones I was getting to vote on were anywhere NEAR as good...
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Oh, yeah, I should probably upload my contest HA here. ^_^'

Not very "Luminaire"-ish, but I think it at least fits the winter theme. Everyone else's HA from here looks awesome, though.
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

I decided to enter something far from the realm of winter:

Honestly, I don't think Subeta has a great wardrobe selection, sure, there's a LOT you can wear, but how much of it is normal. I don't see a lot of plain long sleeve shirts to put a short sleeve shirt over, nor do I see many normal hoodies. Even shoes are too stylized to look realistic to me. Am I weird for thinking this?
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

Bacon wrote:Honestly, I don't think Subeta has a great wardrobe selection, sure, there's a LOT you can wear, but how much of it is normal. I don't see a lot of plain long sleeve shirts to put a short sleeve shirt over, nor do I see many normal hoodies. Even shoes are too stylized to look realistic to me. Am I weird for thinking this?
Shoes are a problem, I'll give you that. I don't think it's for a lack of trying, there certainly are a LOT of shoes, the HAs just have clunky, ugly feet. 90% of the time I'm making a new HA, I get stuck on shoes, and I only make male HAs so I don't even have to worry about all the heels looking terrible. Most of the flats and boots are bad enough.

I think if you're having trouble finding a long sleeved shirt, though... you just aren't trying hard enough. You have to be a little more creative than searching for "long sleeved shirt," but they're there. The wardrobe's chest and overchest layers are insanely full.

The wardrobe has its problems, I'll admit. The shoes are a big one, almost all the held items are extremely awkward, and for some reason, nearly all the hats tip to the left (seriously. I just want some right-tipped hats to go with my new skull comb hair...) but.... not enough shirts? Come on.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

Ierosbats wrote:I think if you're having trouble finding a long sleeved shirt, though... you just aren't trying hard enough. You have to be a little more creative than searching for "long sleeved shirt," but they're there. The wardrobe's chest and overchest layers are insanely full..
Okay, that was quite a bit of a stretch there.s.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

What part is a stretch? There are nearly 2000 chest items. That is a lot of items! I don't even have 5k items in my wardrobe right now--I'm trying--and almost 1000 of them are in the chest layer. That seems insanely full by comparison. No other layer spills over onto a second page, for me. But the chest layer has for a long time now.

If you don't like the style of the art, that's one thing, but there are a lot of layering options overall.
Image Image
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Bacon wrote:Okay, that was quite a bit of a stretch there.s.
I don't see how that was a stretch at all.s. I'm sadly neglectful of my wardrobe, because I can't seem to put anything together but simple, boring HAs, but I can easily think of several SETS of long-sleeved shirts off the top of my head. I cleaned out my wardrobe a few months ago because I had so many plain short-sleeved shirts and long-sleeved shirts that I realized I would never wear.

I'd suggest just checking Subetalodge, or even going into your wardrobe and checking out all the items on the chest layer. I'm sure you'd find something.

I agree about the ugly HA feet, though. I often make new HAs and give up after trying on all my shoes and realizing that my HA still looks like she has cankles. Gross.
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

Nooo... I meant what I said about not being enough choices was a bit of a stretch. Sorry about that. I formatted my reply horribly.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Ah, text-only can be a problem at times!
Image Image
Faun

Post by Faun »

I'm not very good at making HA's, but here is one that I kind of like.
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter