Human avatars

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Re: Human avatars

Post by Alicorn »

My latest HA I'm very proud of. I put it together a couple nights ago, half asleep. So I'm quiet surprised it turned out so well. XD

It's my character Tyri dressed up as my version of a sugar plum fairy. :3
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Ooo, good one Alicorn!

I guess we've all been busy with the holidays?

This is my first HA of the new year (I guess first of the new decade, too). I'm kind of meh about her.

Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I've been playing a lot with my avatars these past days (so many new christmas presents to try out). the above is a selection.
Looking at it I realized that I almost always use a steamworks menagerie item and that I love the Mary Poppins skirt but with usually with something layered overed it. (The drapes here, but the corset dresses fit very well too.)

I was wondering if other people have favourite combinations of items that they keep using because they seem to be made to be layered together? Clothing items, eyes and make-up, different combinations of backgrounds?
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

The HA I've been using for the past few weeks, using a few of the new Melody items. I rather like how it turned out. And thank you, Marah! I wouldn't have been able to find the purple lipstick without you. I had no idea what it was called. :D I knew it existed but could never find it, so for a while I had to settle for the pumpkiss.

Also layering the snowfall with other backgrounds is awesome fun.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Man, everyone is looking so sexy these days. I think yours is wonderful, Alicorn; you should totally put them together in your sleep from now on. =D Wings, I like mini-you; she's very woods-guardianesque. I like all of yours too, Marah, but I especially like two and four. And, yes, I totally find myself using the same few things over and over.

I always, always use the Bottle of Body Oil, and almost always have the Wild One cigarette. I don't smoke, but apparently my HA does. To excess, one might almost say. -.- I also almost always use the Donna eyes on top of whatever other eyes I'm wearing. My default HA is eyeless and you don't get brows from the Donna eyes either, so if my hair shows my eyebrows I have to use something to give me some. I'm fond of the ones from the High Elf female set, if I just want normal, non-emotive brows. I've also gotten really fond of using the various color Strappy Sandals underneath whatever else I'm wearing on my feet. They layer seamlessly with a lot of things, and they'll allow otherwise flat shoes to have a bit of heel height. Plus they suggest a bit of curve in the arch area, and I'm all for anything that will make the feet/ankles area look more normal. =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Glad I could help TCStarwind, I really like all the Lipshines, glosses and sticks so much better than the default mouths. Unfortunately face is still one layer. More layers for the face area and a way to try on the default hair styles with the rest of your dressed up avatar, that would be my 2011 wishes for the avatar system. (Not going to happen :) )

I love seeing everybody's avatars in this thread, they are all so lovely. i haven't tried the melody dresses yet, but the night sky dress is looking very good right now! Alicorn, I forgot to ask, what item(s) is your sugar plum faerie wearing on her legs?
Kamil, your avatar looks great (as always), which lips are you wearing? I find it funny that your avatar is such a smoker. Maybe for her new years resolution she could try quitting? Subeta could give her a nicotine patch!
From a purely aestetic point of view I agree that the sigaret looks rather nice. Certainly looks better than a lot of other "held" items!
Alicorn

Post by Alicorn »

Heh, I'm so glad everyone likes my fairy dude. And I'll be sure to do more HAs like that Kamil. ;D I was thinking the same thing after I made it accutally!

Wings, I love your newest creation. Blue and gold always look lovely together.

I quiet like yours as well TC! Great use of melody items. And I love the fallen snow with that background. ^-^

And I've already comment on yours Kamil but I shall say it again, yours is smokin! (Both literately and figuratively XD) I love using the smoke with a lot of my HAs as well. It just seems to really make some outfits feel complete.

Marah, first off loving all your HAs. I love how you layer the drapes with skirts. They look so good together. As for what I used on the legs of my fairy, let's see. **checks** Purple Fishnet Stockings under Light Blue Sheer Pantyhose.
As for items I use a lot, hmmm. Well I tend to dress my HAs as my characters so depends on the characters. I have favorite items for each one. For the most part I tend to go through moods where I'll use the same items a bunch of times and then move on to new favorites after a bit. I do find myself using the lip shines a lot when I want lipstick. And either bottled night or day layered with other items as a background.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Here is my latest HA. Mine is always so frumpy compared to everyone else's, but hey, so am I.

I've noticed that now so many more people are zombies, that I don't like covering up my zombieness anymore. I've grown really tired of the Petri Dish look, now that I see it on the boards so much.

As for items I always use, the main one is the Rats Nest. My HA doesn't feel complete without it. I also always try to hold a weapon since I am so into battling/training. There are also some wigs that I really, really like and try not to overuse, and 3-4 eyes that are my favorites too, including these - Grave Robbers Kohl. But, as you can tell, I'm not really into the realistic, layered look that most people seem to go for.
Last edited by mellaka on 12 Jan 2011 09:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

My HAs are usually pretty plain, just images of my characters and what not. Yesterday, though I was having fun and playing around and was rather pleased with the HA i came out with for once:

Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Oooh. What is the chubby experiment #84 plushie called?
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

It is a Spooky Experiment Doll. Oh, and it's from a Quentin Chance Bag, which gives, as implied, a random Quentin-y item when opened.
Image Image
Alicorn

Post by Alicorn »

I quiet like yours mellaka. I love that wig, it's so cute. :3 And I'm glad you're letting zombie you show. I love seeing what people do with their zombie selves.

And I said it before and I'll say it again, your HA is uber cute Jessi!

I've been having fun with the new Delish clothes.
This is my character Amar. He loves making his own fashion so I really enjoy dressing him. :3
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I finally got around to changing clothes. It's different from what I usually wear, and if I hadn't rs'd that wig, twice, I don't know that I'd have been willing to pay for it. But I sold the first one, and couldn't resist wearing the second. Hopefully it won't have deflated too much by the time I get around to changing clothes again. ^^

And can I just say how bloody difficult matching those eyes is? I hated to use the jacket, since it's from the same set, but there is a definite lack of that particular shade of green on the site. But I wanted to use some of the amazingly beautiful gifts I got this past Christmas and this is the result. =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Alicorn

Post by Alicorn »

Loving your newest HA Kamil. And I know what you mean about the eyes. I love the eyes, they are gorgeous but I have used them like once because of the whole hard to match thing.

I missed dressing up my HA while I was on vacation. Didn't help that I still had new wearables to play with from both Christmas and my Birthday. So I started playing dress up as soon as I got home. Didn't do anything I really liked till recently.
This one I started with the hair (which was a B-day gift, oh how I love it!) and went from there.
This one is a new character of mine who is an elemental mage.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I was really cold when I decided to make a new HA a couple of weeks ago.
But that was boring, so I came up with this instead.