Achievements and Tales of Woe

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Re: Achievements and Tales of Woe

Post by Marah »

Small woe, all my own fault: I am incapable of saving a decent amount of sp because I keep spending it on pretty things. So, since I finally had enough moneys for a cs credit card I decided I was going to splurge on a costume trunk. I went with one of the older ones on my wishlist, because you never know when they retire. And I opened it for the female items, because I always want the female items, right? Right?

Except apparently this one... Sigh.

Back to saving it is, luckily it isn't that hard on subeta :)
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Can you sell the bits you don't want to make some sP back?

My achievement: A week or so ago I finally thought of a character to go with my new Blacklight Paralix. Then, a few days ago, as I was broswing the Libertine Lounge, I thought of what should be in his treasure. I think I even vaguely managed to make them work together.

Now my problem is going to be that 12-hour wait on the Millionaire Center to buy Magical Keepsake boxes... even the 12 I had stockpiled weren't enough. This is going to be one of my bigger treasures. (I still have a bunch of stuff in my Inventory and WL that needs to go in...)

http://subeta.net/pets/Nightflare

Turns out Subeta has no butter items, and no sugar bowls or creamer pitchers.

One thing I don't have a lot of in treasure is... tea. I just don't like the art of a lot of the tea on Subeta, and well... Enough about them. Drink your tea.

ETA: Thanks to the wonderful helpfulness of NCers, everything that was loitering around in my inventory is now in Nightflare's treasure!!!
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I was looking up TC items for my new pet, Machi, and subconsciously tossing around names to use for my remaining pet slot, when the perfect idea hit me. But I quickly thought: "No, don't even kid yourself, Officer, there's no way that name/species combination isn't taken already,"

And yet I checked anyway.

I would like to introduce to you Waggle, my Bumbus. :3
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Haha, yay bumbus!

The zapper keeps turning Pook into a bumbus. He's been the wrong experiment a couple times, and a bee most of the time. Also, I think he's my happiest, nothungriest pet ever. Sheesh.
Image Image
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

I couldn't think of a pet that i wanted to use my last "extra" slot on until last night when I was watching the cartoon Avatar with my kids. I admit, I would watch it even without the kids there as I like the show...but I digress. For anyone who has watched the show and seen the episode where Sokka gets stuck in a crevice in the earth whiloe hunting "meat"...you will totally get the humor that inspired my latest pet...Fu Fu Cuddly Poops the chibi Mortiking. I will link to him when I get a bit more time on the comp, but for now, I must let my husband on to play MineCraft.....
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

...I think I deserve a better token reward, then! lol I guess the timing on the wizard quests is off. Also had 1 and 2 second completions, which then I would feel guilty about the reward if I hadn't finished in under 30 seconds like I know I did.
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

A bit ago I got myself a week gold account and made a pet with the free pet slot I was given from Subeta. Welcome .Grey., the glacier demi! Nothing done to him yet. I'm hoping to start at least getting a start on him soon. And after changing him into glacier (which fits him perfectly because he's such a snob), I realize I have 4 glaciers now. o.o Yup, I like that colour just a little. ^-^;
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

Finally thought of a profile idea for Tycho; opened up Subeta for the first time in a long while to find banner ads. I was thinking about letting it go... and then I saw the comment in the HTML.
<!-- I would put a class or ID here, but you'd all add it to customCSS, so nope! -->
Oh, yeah? I don't think so.

Code: Select all

#content > center:first-child > table:only-child { display:none; }
#content > span:first-child + center > table:only-child { display:none; } /* flowers */
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Haha! Nothing defeats Foghawk! A+.

Banner ads annoy me solely on principle--yet another of those "oh no, we'll neeeeever do this" things that ended up getting done. I don't want subeta to go under. But maybe don't promise things rashly, because it's only insulting down the line. I use adblock anyway, so it really doesn't affect me... except in principle. I have a lot of those. ;)
Image Image
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Haha, Subeta is one of the only sites I actually have my adblock turned OFF because I like looking at the user-submitted ads in the forum. But I also have a constant GA active so i don't see them anywhere else on the site, anyway.
Kali_Lupine
Human Avatar: 189836

Post by Kali_Lupine »

same with me Jessi, I always have a gold account activated, purely for the extra wardrobe layer since I don't really do quests or anything. I LOVE how there is a discount now for buying multiple months of GA. I just bought a 5 month one.
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

Warning: require_once(/www/subeta.net/include/swiftmailer/swift_required.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/subeta.net/include/general.php on line 935
Password retrieval is borked. I've just emailed support, hopefully this won't last long.

Edit: Support got back to me within half an hour and it's all fixed.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

My pet Axander won the Spotlight today.

Business will be booming now
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Yay Seerow! I've always thought that healthy Starlings are pretty birds, even though they're terribly numerous, noisy nuisances. :P I grew up in a converted barn where many generations of Starlings grew up nesting in the attic. Ah well, better there than taking over the nests of our other birds.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I debated about whether or not to make him a Starling, since like you said they are terribly invasive and a menace. But they are SO FREAKING PRETTY that I decided what the hell.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.