Achievements and Tales of Woe

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Re: Achievements and Tales of Woe

Post by Griffin »

Is there anything I can do when I strongly suspect someone is cheating in an art contest, but can't exactly prove it...? Can someone sMail me to see if they get the same feeling about this particular person's suspicious entries? This is bugging the shit out of me.

edit: Turns out the person really is an art thief and the admins are handling it! Yay! I hate art contests on Subeta because of things like this (I've suspected it in the past but didn't speak up) but this time they won't get away with it. :D
Last edited by Griffin on 18 Oct 2011 08:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

So I'm just achievementful this month!

I got my loyalty box finally, I always get it a few weeks behind everyone else. And I used it to create Shamisen! I might use that nightmare potion from a few days ago on him...
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Congrats, Joey! Nightmare Legeicas are among my favorite Nightmare pets, so I hope you go down that road. :)

A couple of things happened within the last 24 hours:

* I finally found a freaking raffle ticket.
* I somehow got 2nd in the Pumpkin Collections table. Also, I learned there is apparently a Pumpkin Collections table. :P
* The pet zapper decided to be extra nice to me and turned my current lab rat into the exact experiment I was aiming for after only a week of zapping. :D
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

This is less a Woe than it is a :headdesk:, but I've been checking section 4 of the Pumpkin Patch for days hoping for a Krawl, as well as keeping a careful eye on prices in user shops. I decided that today I'd finally just buy one, then suddenly thought to do an account search... turns out I already have one. Oops! At least I checked before I actually bought one!

I guess I'll be hunting in the Snowflaik section of the patch from now on!

BTW, how long has the Wishlist told you if you already have the item in your account? I don't remember it doing that earlier.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Wings, that just got implemented a few days ago! It's a LOVELY feature! Also if you look at a friend's wishlist, it'll tell you if you have that item as well!
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Jessibean wrote:Wings, that just got implemented a few days ago! It's a LOVELY feature! Also if you look at a friend's wishlist, it'll tell you if you have that item as well!
Well, at least I don't have to feel bad for not noticing it before. :-) That is a great feature, and so is the friends' wishlist one!
Kali_Lupine
Human Avatar: 189836

Post by Kali_Lupine »

it is a wonderful feature, I've been going through some friend's WL that have b-day's coming up!

Achieve: My holding gallery/shop is "worth" over 2 bill. This basically holds items I plan to give away. So I'm planning my 2nd mass gifting coming up very soon!

It was very cool to see: "You will earn 2,100,460,761 sP if all of the items sell at their lowest price."
Officer 1BDI

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Buh? I logged on this morning and had an announcement telling me that a Subeta user that I'm pretty sure I've never contacted before has blocked me. Obviously I'm not going to contact them to ask them why, but I wish I knew the reason just because if it's something I'm in the wrong for doing I want to at least know so I won't do it again. The only thing I can think of is that I might have posted something in a thread we both follow that they found overtly annoying or grating. :/
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

I still don't understand why Subeta sends an alert to the person being blocked. Like you said, if it's not going to give a reason, then it seems like it's creating unnecessary drama.
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

I think there was a topic on Subeta about this a while back, but the reason they warn you is so you DON'T like, try to contact someone that's blocked you because you didn't know and therefor get warned for block evasion. I mean, you'd find out anyway if you went to their user info or whatever, but I'm pretty sure that was the reasoning behind it.

That being said, Officer, that really sucks ;_; it's happened to me a few times before too, though very recently i was taken OFF someone's block list that blocked me so long ago I didn't even remember xD
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

That just means Subeta is too lazy to code up a proper way to deal with the blocking issue. Telling someone they've been blocked is never the right path. (edit: Especially because it doesn't tell the blocker that the blockee is going to know. I can't even express how many times I block people in games just for being vaguely annoying. If I wanted them to know I didn't like them, I would have been annoying back at them.)
Image Image
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

I've also been blocked by someone I've never met, but it must've been a long time ago because I don't think I ever got a notification. It's weird, I kind of wish I knew the reason why (I rarely add my two cents to anything of substance on Subeta). But hey, they can go live in their little bubble or whatever if they don't like something I said. There's several people on Subeta I really can't stand but I would never block for any reason other than persistent harassment. Maybe not even that.
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

Jessibean wrote:I think there was a topic on Subeta about this a while back, but the reason they warn you is so you DON'T like, try to contact someone that's blocked you because you didn't know and therefor get warned for block evasion. I mean, you'd find out anyway if you went to their user info or whatever, but I'm pretty sure that was the reasoning behind it.
So if you try and comment/pm somebody who has blocked you, what happens? o_O Does it automatically report you?

Annoying woe of the day: I just had to reject all 20 of my Saggitarius quests. ._.
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

No, it doesn't report you! It'll say "This person has blocked you!" or some such thing. I think the main way people get reported for block evasion is they post things in their forum set like "THOUGHTFUL IS A STUPID LOSER" or post it all over their user profiles or get their friends to harass whatever user blocked them (and yes, there are people stupid enough to do this e_e)

I don't DISAGREE that I think it's dumb you get an event for it - I think it's stupid xD I was just explaining the Subeta-stated logic behind it.

Though of course, having been blocked once by someone I considered a friend and that came completely out of nowhere, I can't say I would have felt any better if I'd gone to their lookup and seen the "Oh no, this user has blocked you!" message than I felt getting an event about it.
Officer 1BDI

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Alecko wrote:Annoying woe of the day: I just had to reject all 20 of my Saggitarius quests. ._.
Ack, that sucks. I recently only started doing them when they're the weekend bonus quests for similar reasons.

My biggest concern about the blocking is that I'm going to accidentally ping this person in the forums and it's going to earn me a warning for harassment; they're fairly prolific on certain threads I track, and if they say something I want to comment on (issues separate from this blocking, of course), I'm... well, frankly I'm not sure I'm even allowed to quote them at this point. :? Should I be ignoring everything this user does from now on?

I'm tempted to block them back just so I don't see their forum posts anymore and don't make that mistake, but I don't want to come across as petty, and frankly I don't want to block someone who hasn't actually done anything to me.