Achievements and Tales of Woe

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Re: Achievements and Tales of Woe

Post by Cranberry »

I commissioned Keshi to do an overlay of my telenine, Ketna, who collects and protects cute little pet-type minions. Her minion, Alpha the Patches, symbolizes the calico cat I had for almost 19 years (her name was Patches... shut up, I was eight when I named her :P). Anyway, the art is gorgeous and I love it:

Jax
Human Avatar: 475124

Post by Jax »

Awwww, Cranberry I love it! Such a cute kitty

Achievement: I FINALLY finished my first overlay. My god Rah, I gotta hand it to you, Kerubis are freakin' hard to draw 8| Oh well, one down, four to go

Rah

Post by Rah »

Jax wrote:My god Rah, I gotta hand it to you, Kerubis are freakin' hard to draw 8|
Oh my gosh they really really are. Hardest pet for me to get used to drawing, and I still have so much trouble! But you did an amazing job! I really love the eyes and feet especially :D
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Aww, that kerubi is so cute! I love the sparkly swirls. I wish I could draw. Instead I have to pay for art. :P And it's just been an artfest around my account lately... Neko coded a profile for all of the Hallovegas girls this week, and I put mine up today. I really like how it turned out!
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Yay I finally restocked a Shinigami from Blackheart Hollow. I've wanted one since they were released - that was a long wait =P

I've also gotten a handful of other BHH items while stalking it over the past week or so.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Level: 400
Strength: 1001
Defense: 1000
Health: 1000/1000
Speed: 1000

Whoot! Ishka finally hit 1k in all stats but level :D Five more achievements right there, and just in time for the new currently-in-the-works BD system, where stats are supposed to play a much more important part.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

So, after 3 years of being on Subeta I finally Finally! caught a BHH restock!!! Wheeeeeeeee! I am very happy about this.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

More Ishka news XD She is now number 18 on the books high score list, after having read 677 books!
I wish there was a trophy or something though. I spent a lot of sp on those books and it would be nice to get something for it.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Tiki
Human Avatar: 8869

Post by Tiki »

This week will be pretty awesome for me. :3

1. After beginning this endeavor back in August of '09 (...dear lord.), giving up, starting again, going on hiatus, nearly killing myself, and so on, I FINALLY have the 45k items achievement!

2. Clicking autoprice on those (including feral trunks and GoFPs worth around 120m) felt amazing. I hope that eventually, these sales will land me with the billionaire and 250m shop till achievements.

3. I scraped by and got on the top restocking list! Who knows how long I'll stay there, but even being there momentarily is awesome enough on it's own:

4. Now that this RIDICULOUS task is finally done, I can focus on... my pets!! I will be spending the vast majority of my profits on art, treasures, and some re-potioning. This is the best reward of all, since I want nothing more than to go back to focusing on the one part of the site I love. :D
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

Sooo... Haven't been on Subeta for quite a while now.

LOTS of stuff to buy. Especially yummy sweets...
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

The wizard has given me Argo Blackout Liquid Liner, and I have priced it and 19.4 mil. I don't know if it will sell for that, but I think it will go for more than the 200 sp I spent on the quest.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

That's awesome, Huggles. I obviously need to do his quests again. =D

I've been meaning to do this for a while, but I haven't, so I have a few different things to mention. ^^

First, I've added four new pets, and been very lucky with catching nice names.

I created Estil and Matilda, and found Keats and Genna in the pound.

I'm pretty happy with their respective colors right now, although I'm waiting to see the glade Sheeta for Keats. I'd like to find someone to do an overlay for Matilda, as I'd like to lose the wings and side fins, but I've had jack and also shit for luck getting overlays made (they never look like the image I'd wanted; I think I fail terminally at communicating my wishes), so I think I'll just be happy with what they look like now. =D

I'm also happy with their current minions - and am even happier that I was able to rs the Halo. Which brings me to another achievement sort of thing. I've been really having a run of luck restocking at the Hollow. I've gotten the Halo, two or three other minions, and a couple of weapons - sadly, I've never yet seen a Shimi restock. But someday!

On a different note, I went through my wardrobe one day and took out all the ugly crap I knew I was never going to wear; all the pretty crap I wanted to wear, but have never been able to work into an outfit; and all the crap I might wear some day, far, far into the future, and sold it all. I still have a huge wardrobe, but at least I'm not scrolling past pages and pages of useless items. As a result, I was able to get all of the shop till achievements in less than a week, and have had a blast buying stuff for pet treasures and my gallery of shiny things.

Speaking of those pets: I've wanted one of these since they came out - despite how much the seeds cost now - and I'm terrified that someone will revamp the 84s, so while it didn't seem like such an expense I broke down and turned Cail from an 84 into this pretty creature. I'm not as happy with his minion, but I couldn't find anything else that passed both the 'not already using it' and the 'is at least moderately expensive' tests. So this will do for a while.

Speaking of -- has anyone else noticed the extreme absence of hydrus colored minions? Because, dude. There are damn few to be had - and even when you stretch to the similarly colored place, there aren't many more.

One last pet: I was never able to adjust to the revamped angelic Paralix (the fur on the hocks and elbows made me crazy, and as I've mentioned, I fail at getting overlays) so I finally changed Chaffee into a different angelic pet. I've liked these since they came out, and I love the minion with it, so I'm quite pleased with how she turned out.

EDIT: Argh! Hit 'submit' instead of 'preview'. >.>

ANYWAY. Ty, the genius that she is, made to-die-for lookups for Leftwing and Orotha. I could not be happier with either of them, and must see to prettifying the rest of my pets asap. ^^

Okay, done NOW. =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

When I read Leftwing, Orotha, and Chaffee I still immediately picture a Faerie Draik, Grey Jubjub, and Faerie Pteri. Haha. Anyway, awesome changes to your pets, Kamil! I totally approve of anything Popoko and Aeanoid =D
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Heh. I do too, come to it. =D

Seriously though, I always remember the originals, when any changes are planned, and the new colors have to jive with something they could live with.

Also? Thank you! =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Blargh. Is anyone interested in a Blackheart Blade? I've had it in Casshan's treasure as his main weapon, but the art has always bugged me. Even though the name and description of it are more fitting for him, the shear sword is so much prettier that I've replaced the blade with one. The problem is that no one seem interested in buying the stupid thing and when I first priced it at 19 mil, 10 less than I paid, I was perfectly ok with that. But, now someone's got theirs for 7 and I refuse to take much less than 15. Long story short, I hate sitting on crap I don't want and would be happy to toss it to an ncer for a couple mil. Whatever. I really don't care as long as you want it.