New Token Shop Items

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Re: New Token Shop Items

Post by Officer 1BDI »

There are two boxes of lingerie in the shop right now, but the lag's so horrible I can't even get into my vault for the necessary tokens. :|
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

the boxes restocked...and just as I was clicking on one, the site went down. Wonder if I actually got it or not?

Quick! the site is back up and there are still boxes available!!!

I did get the one I clicked on before the site died, so yay!
Last edited by shaelyn76 on 19 Feb 2011 09:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Thanks for posting! :D I refreshed until the site came back up and got the cogwork one.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Bumpity bump.

There's about 175 of the new wigs stocked right now, and going fast.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

There's a new minion, a Zomulturio, for 50 tokens.
Image Image
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

New wig is back in stock...only a handful left as I type so run if you want it!!!!
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

I don't know how many of y'all are into stickers, but the Cupcake Sticker is now stocking. 60 left in stock as I write this.
Officer 1BDI

Post by Officer 1BDI »

So, Keith put these broken glasses in the TS:

...and then proceeded to throw a bunch of potions in there not an hour later. All the potions are still available at the time I'm posting this.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

And of course I got the glasses. I was afraid of this, but at the same time it was the first time I'd caught a Token Shop restock in months (to the point where I wonder why I even collect tokens anymore... it's not like I can ever actually use them).

One of those things that makes me think twice about whether I really should be giving the site my money, you know? Just the thing to cap off a stressful day at work...
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Why oh why did I buy the glasses. I don't even want them. For the rare occasions when I manage to see things in there, if it's not something I want, I skip it, on the off chance they put potions in. So of course this time they put potions in. Why, glasses, why.

I agree, Wings--that sort of thing is just trolling your users and it's not fun. It's not what stops me from giving money to the site, but it's not good, either.

I guess it just sums up why Subeta can be a really, really terrible place to play. Even after such a great plot (that had its own problems, even though they were fairly minor), the site still loves to just mock you for playing it. I am definitely spending the rest of my night somewhere else. Maybe Spiral Knights would like more of my money.
Image Image
Officer 1BDI

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Yeah. I laughed when it happened because, frankly, I'm just so tired of the BS I put up with today that it's all I could do to laugh, but the humor died real quick when I started reading all the comments from everyone who actually wanted a potion and now can't get one. :/

I grabbed the glasses for the same reason you did; I've missed so many of the recent restocks that I just grabbed them for the sake of grabbing something.
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Well, it especially pisses me off because I just checked and I have almost 10k tokens just hanging around my account (even though I never Wiz quest except when it's the weekend quest) because there's nothing to spend them on. It used to be that I could actually GET stuff in the Token Shop. Now it very rarely restocks, and when it does it stocks such small amounts that I can never get anything and what I missed is too expensive for me to buy up afterwards.

So when I finally catch a damn TS restock... of COURSE it's just a trick intended to make my day even more annoying than it was already.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

The glasses were the first token shop restock I've caught in months, and I thought I was pretty lucky for snagging one out of the last 50 or so. I'm still glad I got them, I guess, because I plan to use them for a pet's treasures. It doesn't make the subsequent giant potion restock any less of an immature move. I thought that Keith would eventually grow out of this, but apparently not?

One of the comments I saw on the news post:
Seriously people stop complaining... Would you rather he not restock the TS at all? The complaints are really annoying. Thanks for the RS hope I can grab my potion in time aha XD
Because the only options seem to be:

1. Never restock the TS
2. Be an ass
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Yeah, I saw that too, bonecrivian. No, I wouldn't rather he not restock the TS at all. I'd rather he restock the TS more often and quit with the annoying game of tricking people into buying something so they can't buy what they really wanted later.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Ugh yeah, I got 'lucky' only because I was AFK when the glasses restocked ,so I came on, just saw the potions and grabbed one... and then read back and saw that.

I don't fucking get it. i don't know what kind of humor or amusement Keith gets out of it or out of pissing his users off. I thought the plot did such a great job of turning around a lot of peoples' recently-negative opinions of subeta and Keith always has to screw it up somehow.