Heya!

Non-neopets general discussion.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Heya!

Post by Fjorab_Teke » 30 Apr 2020 04:33 am

I'm back!

A new computer, whee! MUCH overdue in getting one. I'm not afraid that booting up will kill this one. :-p

I see that this forum has really slowed down, with several things factoring in I'm sure.

I'm still undecided if I actually want to put forth the effort to get my Neopets account back. I still have no idea why they froze it 4 years ago, but it seems to still be in their system.

And I'm still mostly spending my free time playing Pokémon GO, mostly solo in the car, with occasional quick walks to some favorite spots when I'm not worried about running into other people.

I hope you all are doing well!

Madge

Re: Heya!

Post by Madge » 01 May 2020 04:48 am

I'm doing great! Still sendin' you pogo gifts when I remember :D

Apparently neopets is so low traffic now that they will unfreeze basically anyone for basically any reason, so it might be worth a try. I'm kind of considering dusting off the one account that somehow survived my email account breach (UC krawk and UC draik so i'm basically a celebrity), but I don't know what I'd do. I was into the characters and roleplaying but apparently it's now just about trading pets? And I get my characters/roleplaying type itch scratched with the gay vampire romance novel i'm writing on AO3 (yes really).

Glad you're doing well.

It's sad that neopets is now on life support, it was such a huge part of my life and how I met my best friend, and now it's just kinda pathetic. I wish it could be open sourced somehow and given to the fans. But I suppose we're not in the 2000s internet anymore, are we?

Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke » 01 May 2020 06:25 am

Yeah, as much as I like some of the customizations I put on my pets' clothing and backgrounds, etc., that seemed to be part of the downward spiral. They had to make all the poses the same aside from the really super-different ones, so UC/grandfathered pets were a rare thing. And when they basically grabbed for money for anything that was cool looking, it drove down interest. There's only so much people are willing to pay out for stuff before they get burnt out on it. And the site keeps getting sold off to the next willing entity, so the original creators and artists are pretty much out of the scene.

PoGO strikes more of a balance of "freemium," to me, and I'm not just sitting at a computer all day for it - I'm getting out, moving around (at least some of the time), and interacting with the people I actually consider friends in Georgia. As for opening gifts, I'm waiting for our May events to start to open the "cool location" gifts and hope for eggs. I like collecting Pokémon originating from different places! I try to stay on top of sending out gifts. I'm fairly good at that lately, but I sometimes slack off or don't get out to snag many gifts to send.

Madge

Post by Madge » 01 May 2020 06:29 am

I just get a bit lazy with the gift sending :). We're lucky in that if things keep going the way they have been we'll have no active cases this time next week and it will hopefully stay that way or near enough. I've actually started doing C25K to get some exercise on my working with home days (because my greyhound doesn't love two walks as much as I thought she would).