Halloween!

Non-neopets general discussion.
Mistress Morbid

Re: Halloween!

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Great costume Alicorn! ^^ Haha, I was just re-watching Death Note last week too. :)

Well we ended up doing some major last-minute pumpkins and decorations. Ryan got home from work at 5:30 and we just sort of madly threw spooky lights and decorations outside and carved the quickest jack-o-lanterns in history, but hey it came out well. xD

Photos under cut:
Spoiler: open/close
Front of our house:

Pumpkin lights:

Window:

My spider pumpkin :D:

Hee, cyclops jack-o-lantern ^^:

For the Horde!

And my scary face guy:
Image Image
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I have had a good night. Finished 6 more plus the 3 from last night to have a display of 9. Which brings my season total to 20. Got lots of nice feedback from trick or treaters, some even gave me candy xD Exhausted as well, but pictures must be taken. Two more will be carved tomorrow.
Kari

Post by Kari »

I didn't do anything on Halloween, I had class from 1PM until 7PM, came home and worked while watching NCIS.
But on the 30th I went up to Warehouse 31 with some friends, which is like 2 hours away from where I live. It was worth the $16 ticket price, but NOT the 3 hour wait to get in :? I'm too observant and nothing scared me.
derp
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

I ended up having a pretty good time! I carved one more pumpkin, a True Blood pattern I made myself that I haven't taken pictures of yet! I will get some tonight, it's shriveled a little but it should still work. After everything was ready for the Trick-or-Treaters, I took Anna and a friend of hers Trick-or-Treating around my neighborhood. She's six now, and has always loved Halloween. Last year, I was in Orlando and didn't see her for Halloween, so this was the first time we did the Trick-or-Treating thing since the year before. Her mother is somewhat less than stellar, so I don't even know if she got to Trick-or-Treat last year. She was SOOOO excited by it this year! She was charging right up to front doors and making me proud with her candy collecting. Someone told her to have a great night, and she said "I AM having a great night!" as she skipped away in her vampire costume. Cute!

After that was all over, I sat back and ate some dinner and a candy apple, and did my hair and make-up to get ready to go out with the group. My sister and my good friend Lara came over to go out with us. We headed over to my friend's house to take a group picture, but one member of our group was running a little late, so the three of us headed downtown without them, intending to meet them there.

2nd Street was PACKED! Wall to wall costumes, everywhere you looked. Slutty Alice in Wonderland was the most popular theme to be sure. Leg Avenue and its ilk represented a good percentage of costume, but there were some really creative ones too. I really liked a Waitress Sookie from True Blood and a couple from the Matrix. No one really "got" my costume (Athena) but that was fine, people were very impressed to see a "female gladiator!" We headed off to a quieter bar that was more air conditioned, watched a live band, danced, and waited.

About three hours later the rest of the group showed up, and then it was more drinking, more dancing, and more celebrating! At about 4 am I called it a night and took a cab home, and then spent all yesterday feeling rather poorly, and eating my candy.

Pictures!
Spoiler: open/close
The little vampire. This kid has an obsession to rival mine. She LOVES Buffy and likes to pretend that she is the slayer, but for Halloween she joined the other team. She thought my True Blood pumpkin was of Buffy!

My costume as it appeared just before Trick or Treating, before hair and make-up.

Lara, me, and my sister.

The full group minus one person. Unfortunately we never got a full complete group picture that night.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Athena and Artemis, so cool! Is the girl on the right supposed to be Hera?
As for people recognizing your costume, the only thing I could think of was adding a stuffed owl. Or dragging along a head of medusa, but that might have been a bit heavy. (Allthough it would make a great handbag to match the outfit!)

Did people get it once you were all together?

We don't really celebrate halloween here (pity) but I think I might try and carve some pumpkins this weekend so my mom can put them outside for Sint Maarten. It is a small (regional) holiday on November 11th were children go trick or treating. They don't dress up but carry lanterns and need to sing you a song before they can get the candy. So with all the lanterns and the lights I think carved pumpkins fit quite well.
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Yes, I thought about a stuffed owl, but I didn't have one handy and my costume price was starting to mount.

Let's see, the girl in the black dress was Persephone. We had a pomegranate for her, but she didn't have it for this picture. She was the mastermind behind the whole group. And next to her is Hades. In the front is Zeus (that's a lightning bolt he's holding) and behind him is Poseidon. Not pictured is Aphrodite, who was painting her nails. :|

When the whole group was out we didn't get recognized individually, no. A few people were close with random gods and goddesses but I was never individually identified as Athena. Someone thought my sister (Artemis) was Athena!
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Love your costume Ailiel and love that you did a theme. I'm such a mythology fan so I might be bias though. XD
Hope to see pics of your pumpkins Joey. I just know their going to be awesome.
Your decorations are great for last minute MM. And thanks for the compliment! I want to re watch Deathnote but I don't want to see a certain part, it always makes me cry. T-T
EofS, thanks for your compliment too! And again I say all that sounds just crazy. But glad it wasn't the worse it could be.
And I'm glad to hear others had nice nights as well. ^-^
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel