Neocolours Holiday Card Exchange 2009!

Non-neopets general discussion.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Neocolours Holiday Card Exchange 2009!

Post by Jessi »

Welcome to the 2009 Card Exchange! I would like to think this has become a Neocolours annual tradition now! I am starting the thread a bit early this year, because Daisy has informed me there is a postal strike in the UK which is making mail quite slow - so dates to mail to the UK might be earlier than usual. For that reason I think it's good to get sign-ups started a bit early!

The rules are simple, so here it goes!

1) You will receive a list of every participant to send a card to (it's not like a Secret Santa where you get one person). Please remember, however, that these people are trusting you with their real names and addresses - please do NOT do anything stupid with this list!

2) Please do not sign up for the card exchange if you don't intend to follow through. It'd be really unfair if you get 30 cards from people but don't send out any yourself.

3) Because sending out addresses to people is Serious Business, you must have 100 non-spam posts in a variety of forums (so not just the Subeta new colors forum, or something - basically, we want everyone to know you) and you must have been a member of Neocolours for at least six months. I know these seem strict, but like I said - addresses. We want it to be a little strict.

To participate:
Please copy and paste the following into a PM for me and fill it out with the appropriate information:

Code: Select all

[b]NC Username:[/b]
[b]Full Name + Address (include country, please!):[/b]
[b]Special Instructions:[/b]
Special Instructions can include things like if you need the cards mailed by a certain date to reach you or anything like that. In the past it's been used to include if you don't want a religious card, but for the past two years I don't think anyone here has gotten a very religious card... so I assume it's not a problem. But feel free to note it if you want!

Signups will end on November 25th this year, which is about a week earlier than in the past. If it seems like the strike clears up before then or there's any issues, we can make it last a bit longer. But this gives you plenty of times to get your list, buy an appropriate number of cards, and get them sent overseas as needed!

I think that's about it! If you have any questions, post here. Or PM me. Or whatever, most of you know how to hunt me down in some way xD

Also, feel free to post on the the thread if you're going to be joining, or for general discussion! We usually hang out here to discuss the cards we get anyway.
EofS

Re: Neocolours Holiday Card Exchange 2009!

Post by EofS »

Oh god, I don't even want to think about posting Christmas cards if this nonsense continues.

That said, I'm totally going to be joining if my country decides it has a postal service again. I love the Christmas Card Exchange! It means I actually get some ;0)
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Wheee cards! I'm joining in again this year as well :D I need to drag out the past two years worth and set them up again I do believe.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Arviragus

Post by Arviragus »

I meant to sign up for this last year and for a variety of reasons never did get around to it. Those reasons have all resolved, so I'm for sure doing it this year :)
Subeta
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Count me in! Though I am saddened to be thinking about Holiday cards when my pumpkins haven't even rotted yet, I understand why xD
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Joey, honestly, I'm sad too. At least two radio stations here have already started with their 24 hour Christmas music. Can you believe that?! It made me gag!
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

My local Tesco's has had its Christmas stuff in for at least a couple of weeks, if not longer. ._.

I...don't know if I'll sign up for this? I may just comment/pm/Neomail messages instead seeing as I really don't know any of you.

Edit: Ah, what the hey. I'm in.
Last edited by Alecko on 05 Nov 2009 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I would love to join!

And EofS, surely at some point the postal services will solve the problem, I can't believe they would miss out on all the money Christmas could make them!
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Alecko, don't feel shy about joining in if you'd like to participate :)

I'm in! No idea what to put on my cards, though.
Kari

Post by Kari »

I'm in again, I'll find some cute cards this year.
The christmas stuff in stores really pisses me off. There's even christmas commercials on TV now too :(
derp
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

I'm joining in this year!

I have an idea of what I want to put on the cards, too, though I'm not sure if I'll have enough time... I have so many things on the go right now.
Neopets wishlists: here
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Speaking of early Christmas; I remember when I worked at Wal-Mart in the craft area, we would have Christmas items arrive in July. o.O The last thing I think about in July is Christmas.

Anywho, I'm so signing up this year! I wanted to last year but didn't have the time to do it. But this year I do! XD I'm so excited about this. I just have to decide if I will buy cards or make my own.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Hey everyone :D this is just your its-been-about-a-week reminder! If you want to sign up, make sure you check the rules in the first post and toss me a PM! We love having lots of people to mail cards to :D
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

I haven't had anyone else sign up since my last bump, but I am bumping again just in case! You guys have a few days left to get signed up - I'm sending out the addresses probably on Thursday, since I'll be off and have nothing better to do in my turkey-induced coma! So if you want to participate, get your addresses to me by then!

ETA- Joey, on a quick note, I know you want to do it but i still need your address! Since for some reason I don't have it anywhere xD

ETA 2- Nevermind Joey, I do have it xD
EofS

Post by EofS »

You should have got a sign up message from me sometime within the last week or so - definitely after the last bump. Has something gone astray?