Dreaming Out Loud - My BJD photos

Non-neopets general discussion.
Elzaim

Dreaming Out Loud - My BJD photos

Post by Elzaim »

Hey all!

I wasn't sure if this was the right sub-forum to post this, but if it's not, MOD's please feel free to move it.

Quite some time ago I mentioned in the RL Achievements and ToW thread that I had ordered two BJD dolls. After waiting a stupidly long time to get them (and ordering two more in the process :P) they are finally here! I figured I'd post some photos since there were a a lot of people in the ToW thread that were interested in them. :)

No real theme to the photos as I haven't had much time to do a proper photo shoot... so enjoy the random-ness of the pics! :)

Introducing..... my lovely dollies!

Shalindar <3

Lynari and Shalindar <3

Kalena <3

Sailas <3

AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Dreaming Out Loud - My BJD photos

Post by AngharadTy »

Sailas has a really lovely pendant! He has a nice tummy, too, hee.

I'm glad to see some BJD photos. They're always really interesting.
Image Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Dolls creep me out, but these are rather neat. I love their necklaces!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Elzaim

Post by Elzaim »

Thanks Ty and Seerow!

I made the necklaces myself - and also their outfits (or lack thereof) :P I'll try to post some more photos later showing off my the complete outfits I've made for them so far. I'm really finding sewing for them (since they're such a smaller scale) to be fun and challenging. I also painted the faces on my two grey dolls - Kalena and Sailas. That was a lot of fun. :)

I make those necklaces in human-size as well if anyone's interested. :)
invsagoth

Post by invsagoth »

This is really neat! I get all excited when I find my interests all mixed together lol.

Are you a member of Den of Angels or Den of Demons by any chance? I'm a member of both (milleniumgypsy). I'm currently sculpting a doll, though it's kind of a drawn out process. e_e
Thank you to Jazzy for the av!
Elzaim

Post by Elzaim »

Hey!

I am a member of DOA - I'm Elzaim there also. :)

You're sculpting a doll? That's really neat! How far along are you?
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Sailas has a beautifully sculpted necklace! And an adorable scrawny chest to match. ^_^

I collect dolls myself (Galoob Baby Face), Only mine are about 1/3 the price of BJD. I'm glad you could afford to get two more. :)
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Elzaim

Post by Elzaim »

Usul_Princess wrote:Sailas has a beautifully sculpted necklace! And an adorable scrawny chest to match. ^_^

I collect dolls myself (Galoob Baby Face), Only mine are about 1/3 the price of BJD. I'm glad you could afford to get two more. :)

Thanks!

I was really lucky in the respect that all my dolls were on the cheaper side. My first two (Lyn and Shal) were bought during a fall event where you bought one doll and got the second free of charge - so hurray! And Kalena and Sailas were from a company that has cheaper priced dolls that are super-good quality. The quality for price is really amazing. :)
invsagoth

Post by invsagoth »

Sorry for not responding sooner! As for how far along I am, not as far along as I would like lol.

I'm actually on a third version on my first doll. The first version was partially sculpted, but I realized I didn't like how the initial core was working (I used foil instead of styrofoam). The second version was actually pretty far along (mostly finished sculpted body and head)... but my RL got crazy and I didn't have time for it. The sculpy ended up cracking, and I decided to do a new, larger doll (60 cm vs the 43 cm). That doll is in the drawing process.
Thank you to Jazzy for the av!
Elzaim

Post by Elzaim »

It's been a long time since my last post here, but I thought I'd update this thread with some more photos (if you all don't mind). I love sharing my dollies. <3

Since I last posted, my collection EXPLODED. I still can't quite fathom how it happened, but I came across a lot of amazingly great deals, and in the end managed to even get a couple of my 'grail' or 'dream' dolls that I thought I'd never, ever have. Either way, I'm very happy with my collection, to date.

I'd like to continue updating this thread every time I do a new photo shoot, but for now, here are a few of my favourite photos that I've taken over the last year. Enjoy!

Aydin (Dollzone Floy)

Delraea (Soom Onyx)

Lynari (Custom House Sia)

Shalindar (Custom House Hyun)

Rini (Soom Ai)

Sailas (Soom Euclase {Used to be a Resinsoul Long})

Sailas and Kalena (Yep, that's a baby-bump!)

Nyx (Soom Bygg)

I painted Nyx, Sailas, and Kalena's faces. I also made most of the clothing and any jewelry you see them wearing. :)
Madge

Post by Madge »

Oh my good those bloody expensive gorgeous dolls are so ethereal... I love the pic of Salias in that hat thingy and the one in the leaves and OH MY GOD I WANT TO START A DOLL COLLECTION

... I should just do a photo shoot of my expensive toy dinosaurs. Hmm.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Wow. Those are some fantastic sculpts. I especially like the Soom ones. And you painted their faces that way? Very nice! Your collection looks amazing.
Image Image