Your thoughts on DS screen protectors?

Non-neopets general discussion.
Usul_Princess

Your thoughts on DS screen protectors?

Post by Usul_Princess »

I posted in RL AaToW, that I got a new silver DS lite. I wanted to know does anyone own a Hori screen protector? Is it necessary? I was wondering because I own all the versions of Nintendogs, and was going to buy Mario & Sonic Winter Olympic games, so I'll have constant stylus action.

I never used one for my old DS, and it was fine.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Spivsy

Re: Your thoughts on DS screen protectors?

Post by Spivsy »

Unless you have gorilla fists and jab the stylus with incredible force constantly, there's no need to get one.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I've used them on both my DS's. I wouldn't say that they're really necessary, but I like them anyway. My touch screen on my newer DS is actually pretty scratched up, so I'm glad I have the protector on. As for my old DS, the protectors may have been what saved it after it was run over by a car, it still runs! Not well though. I figure that they don't get in the way, and they don't seem to do any harm, so it's worth it if you have the extra few bucks to spend on them.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Spivsy wrote:Unless you have gorilla fists and jab the stylus with incredible force constantly, there's no need to get one.

I thought so. Does anyone know if the screens lose sensitivity over time with the protectors on?
Joey wrote:As for my old DS, the protectors may have been what saved it after it was run over by a car
...How the hell did that happen? o_O
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Madge

Post by Madge »

If you want a cheap screen protector, head to www.dealextreme.com - it sells all sorts of "made in china" electronics and stuff for cheap. But keep in mind the quality is not at its best.

I have one on my top screen, but every single time I've tried to put one on my bottom screen it loses sensitivity so I'm resigned to being protectorless. I've had my DS almost 4 years now and it's still fine.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I've never personally lost sensitivity on mine, so that hasn't been a problem.

And yeah, old DS was run over by a car because I had gotten home extremely late the night before and didn't notice that my DS (inside a protective case) had fallen out on to the street when I opened the door. Next morning it was driven over. None of my games were broken or anything though, which would have really ticked me off. And like I said, it still runs well enough to do simple things like trade pokemon. Both screens are pretty shattered though, and the battery can't hold a charge.
invsagoth

Post by invsagoth »

I don't think my DS lite has lost sensitivity over time, I've had a screen protector on it since I bought it. The screen protector itself looks kind of beat up, and I'd rather that be one something I can remove rather than the screen itself. It doesn't cost much, and I would buy another one if I got a DSi.
Thank you to Jazzy for the av!
Faun

Post by Faun »

I got my frst DS as soon as it came out. It was before the lites were out so it was one of thoes chunky ones. About 4 years later the screen sort of ......fell off its hinges. Its sort of still on so I can use it to trade pokemon and stuff. After that I got a green DS lite But I havent used protectors so a little area of the screen has lost sensitivity. I reccomend using the protectors.
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I've had my DS Lite for over 3 years now and I only bought a screen protector for the bottom screen last year when I was playing TWEWY and I realized I was jabbing and scribbling across the touchscreen so much I was afraid I was going to do permanent damage. The cover I bought was one of those cheap stick-ons, and it's a bit of a pain when I'm required to use the stylus on a small centimeter-thick column of space on the left side because the cover's too big and created a "gap" between itself and the actual screen, BUT after seeing how scratched up the cover is I'm really glad I bought it instead of playing directly on the touchscreen. When I go to replace it I'll probably cut the cover down so it'll properly fit, which should remove any annoying air bubbles.

I've never noticed a loss of sensitivity in my touchscreen, though, save for where the air bubbles currently exist on my cover (which is my fault and completely fixable).