Non-neopets general discussion.

Do you think it's offensive?

Yes, because I don't like rebel flags.
9%
Yes, because I don't like either toads or beer.
17%
No, I don't give a crap about your stupid avatar.
74%

Total votes: 35

RH

Post by RH »

It has been brought to my attention that some people may see my avatar as offensive. I will probably change it if it bothers anyone but I want to know specifically why.
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

I don't find it offensive in the least, it's hard to be offended by the general lee.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I would imagine that it's meant to be as inflammatory as the website you link? Displaying the battle standard of a long-dead army is weird; displaying it with a frog and beer on top suggests you're attempting to be insulting again. I don't know the person it's aimed at (although it's utterly charming of you to post her address) and at least she probably has the maturity not to insult people for no reason on random websites.
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

woah, I never looked at the website, you're just cruel. Seriously cruel.
TCD

Post by TCD »

Wow, yes, after reading that website.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

...Didn't notice the website.

Yes, it's a bit more offensive now. What on earth?
tallan

Post by tallan »

Wow. That is probably one of the most disturbing web sites I've ever seen. Image
Dead Webby

Post by Dead Webby »

Website? Gah, I see none.

Edit- Found it, and to be honest, that is one of the most immature websites i've ever seen. Okay, whoever that Mary person is may be ugly, but jees, do you not think she has feelings?
Last edited by Dead Webby on 08 Mar 2006 07:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks VanillaCoke for the Set.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm

Post by bonecrivain »

It's the www button.
RH

Post by RH »

Well it certainly wasn't meant to be offensive to the general public. Just to Miss Parks if anyone. I think you'll find that my views of her are justified if you read the Language page and the Evidence page. As stated in the credits all information is as accurate as possible. Some of my friends and I have even come up with some logical explanations for the reason she acts the way she does on our Theories page. The only reason it is insulting at all to her is because of the terminology which has been proven accurate in the evidence page. So it's only telling the truth about an unpleasant person.

I think of it as a more positive outlet for anger and disgust than actually doing any harm. There's nothing wrong with telling the truth.

And in responce to my guest book I have written this:
Guest Book wrote:Yes, I have thought of her feelings in fact that was a grave mistake on my part. She has used my trust and concern for her against me and so I take joy in telling others about the flaws that I overlooked before she treated me like dirt.
Last edited by RH on 08 Mar 2006 08:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TCD

Post by TCD »

RH wrote:Well it certainly wasn't meant to be offensive to the general public. Just to Miss Parks if anyone. I think you'll find that my views of her are justified if you read the Language page and the Evidence page. As stated in the credits all information is as accurate as possible. Some of my friends and I have even come up with some logical explanations for the reason she acts the way she does on our Theories page. The only reason it is insulting at all to her is because of the terminology which has been proven accurate in the evidence page. So it's only telling the truth about an unpleasant person.

I think of it as a more positive outlet for anger and disgust than actually doing any harm. There's nothing wrong with telling the truth.
Okay, fine, you hate this chick. (Which I'm sure is TOTALLY justified *eyeroll*) But does that mean you have to post her freaking address? That's like, breaking interweb rule #1. I know trolls who didn't stoop to that.

EDIT: I voted "Yes, I don't like toads or beer" because there wasn't a "Yes, I don't like it when people are total jerks to someone else behind their backs."

EDIT 2: Wow, you seem bitter. Get over it.
RH

Post by RH »

The Cheshire Dragon wrote:
Okay, fine, you hate this chick. (Which I'm sure is TOTALLY justified *eyeroll*) But does that mean you have to post her freaking address? That's like, breaking interweb rule #1. I know trolls who didn't stoop to that.

EDIT: I voted "Yes, I don't like toads or beer" because there wasn't a "Yes, I don't like it when people are total jerks to someone else behind their backs."
She gives her address out to everyone anyway so I didn't see how it made a difference. On 4 separate occasions I've heard her give out all her personal information to complete strangers without even talking to them for 2 minutes. If you have a better suggestion for what to do about this person I'd like to hear it. I've actually considered trying to make her life better and forgive her but she just doesn't care and I'm too busy to be spending my time smacking myself against a wall.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

She gives her address out to everyone anyway
Well, I didn't have it before now.

Have you ever considered the sane, reasonable option of just, you know, putting her out of your mind?
Cheese

Post by Cheese »

Does it also occur to you that we probably all know people like this? People who may be terribly human beings and perhaps even deserving of it...but we don't do what you did.

How does that make you better than she is?
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm

Post by bonecrivain »

It's her right to give out her address. It's not your right to post it on the Internet.

You want to hate this girl and devote a website to her? Fine. Just don't involve us in this by linking us to that page.

I don't think what you're doing is any cooler than what you say she does.