Non-neopets general discussion.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

An announcement from Huggles

Post by AngharadTy »

Huggles has been taken over by demons!

Not zombies. I didn't do this.

Actual info here. We'll see her around here again when she gets her computers sorted out. Tell her you'll miss her! TELL HER NOW
Image Image
Madge

Re: An announcement from Huggles

Post by Madge »

I MISS HER ALREADY!

As a tech support monkey at a university full of many more dumb law students* than I'd like to admit, Malwarebytes is a nice free malware scanner/remover that is my go-to solution for this sort of thing. The free part can only remove stuff that's already on your computer, though, rather than protect it.

May her computer always use protection in the future *bows head*.

*as an engineering student I am required to call all law students dumb at every opportunity. I expect the same from them.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Ugh, we had one of the PCs at work get infected last week and, after two days, we gave up and reformatted it. Nothing we threw at it could sort it out. Good luck Huggles, see you again soon I hope!
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Well, I think today's Sinfest pinned down Huggles's problem.
Image Image
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Agh!! Well, i hope it all gets sorted out soon.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

It's not the same without Huggles. ;-; Best of luck fighting off those demons! Maybe I should hire a priest to help out with this. **rubs chin**
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
EofS

Post by EofS »

There's been a flash security hole apparently, which has allowed malware through. Not sure how many days the exploit has been open (new dl from their website today should patch it). Could be the culprit?

Or, yeah, the Sinfest strip...

I hope your computer is in rude health again soon!
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I live! On poptarts and macaroni mostly, but I live!

It's been two weeks? Madness. I'd say there's a long story behind this, but I don't really want to tell it. I've done more typing and staring at pages upon pages of nothing but text than I usually care to do in a year. It looks like it was something with Adobe, either flash or acrobat, that fubared my system. Praise be to the almighty format c: ! I think after the initial run of Malwarebytes that found and removed AV Suite, every other tool I used in my panic only served to muck things up even more. Then my monitor started it's death throes in the middle of all this and I had to search for and order a new one. Then I missed what I thought was an urgent email and subsequent meeting from a college counselor, but it turned out to be nothing. And my $150 computatoe chair I bought from IKEA broke so it hurts to sit for more than 30 minutes. Argh.

Anyway, pc is fixed! Yay! I have a new monitor. Well, I sort of do. I'm sending it in to get the 21.5" version because I didn't take its enormity into account. It sure is pretty though. I'm also getting this in pink! Although, I'll have to see how my financial aid works out before I buy its guts. I'm thinking about painting my old keyboard and mouse to match since it's damn near impossible to finding matching pink peripherals. Also, is it just me, or does every build-your-own pc guide online fail to take into account the cost of an OS? There's always a linux distro, but for gaming I'd feel left out.

I missed you all!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Everyone keep watch to make sure this isn't a zombie-Huggles or something!

If it is let me know. I like zombies.
Image Image