Macs and Math. And Illustrator?

Non-neopets general discussion.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Macs and Math. And Illustrator?

Post by AngharadTy »

Does anyone here have a Mac and the program Mathtype? And a willingness to be hired for a very simple job? I'm not sure if we'll absolutely need someone, but I'm researching to see if there'd be a pool to draw from. And as you know, NCers are awesome.
Image Image
Miguel

Re: Macs and Math

Post by Miguel »

Mac yes, mathtype no - but I notice from their page that Mathtype runs on Windows too, is there a reason for the Mac requirement?

Also, if it's a short job, 30-day trial of Mathtype *ahem* :-D
Many thanks to EofS for the avatar and signature images.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Re: Macs and Math

Post by AngharadTy »

Oh yes, I forgot about the trial. The job is pretty short, definitely within 30 days. Of course, it'd be nice to have the availability later, as well, but I might need to contract someone for menial labor right quick. (However, if the subcontractor is out of the U.S., you'd have to be paid by check or Paypal; hopefully that'd be acceptable.)

I own Mathtype myself (and I'm a PC, hrr), but apparently there are some differences between Mathtypes on the different platforms. It doesn't normally matter, but sadly, there are times when it does. Exporting equations seems to act strangely.
Image Image
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Re: Macs and Math. And Illustrator?

Post by AngharadTy »

Anyone (Mac or PC or Other) good with Illustrator, want to be hired as a freelancer to recreate some lineart?
Image Image
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Re: Macs and Math. And Illustrator?

Post by TCStarwind »

I have some experience with Illustrator, mainly the pen tool, so I may possibly be of some use to you. :) I have Illustrator CS4, though I could probably find a version of CS3 on some of the computers at school.

But, have some links to stuff I've done with Illustrator (they're in reverse chronological order):
1 2 3 4 5 6

If you need more examples, I could dig them up off my external harddrive, because I haven't posted everything to my DA. And all the above work is from last year (at least), I'm sure I can do better now.