NC Holiday Card Exchange 2010!

Non-neopets general discussion.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

NC Holiday Card Exchange 2010!

Post by Jessi »

I haven't actually asked people personally if they want to do it again this year, but it's been so much fun since it was implemented that I figure I'd give it a go and hope people were still interested! I started the thread early last year because of a postal strike in the UK, but this year I'm starting it at the same time cause... hey, why not?

The rules are simple, so here it goes!

1) You will receive a list of every participant to send a card to (it's not like a Secret Santa where you get one person). Please remember, however, that these people are trusting you with their real names and addresses - please do NOT do anything stupid with this list!

2) Please do not sign up for the card exchange if you don't intend to follow through. It'd be really unfair if you get 30 cards from people but don't send out any yourself.

3) Because sending out addresses to people is Serious Business, you must have 100 non-spam posts in a variety of forums (so not just the Subeta new colors forum, or something - basically, we want everyone to know you) and you must have been a member of Neocolours for at least six months. I know these seem strict, but like I said - addresses. We want it to be a little strict.

To participate:
Please copy and paste the following into a PM for me and fill it out with the appropriate information:

Code: Select all

[b]NC Username:[/b]
[b]Full Name + Address (include country, please!):[/b]
[b]Special Instructions:[/b]
Special Instructions can include things like if you need the cards mailed by a certain date to reach you or anything like that. In the past it's been used to include if you don't want a religious card, but for the past three years I don't think anyone here has gotten a very religious card... so I assume it's not a problem. But feel free to note it if you want!

Signups will end on December 1st, unless I hear otherwise that this is too late and we should extend it! People from oversees, please let me know.

Also, please do participate even if you aren't from the US, or Canada, or the UK! We've had random NCers from other countries participate before, but the list has never gotten -totally- out of hand with oversees postage, I believe! It's really a lot of fun to get cards from all over =)

I think that's about it! If you have any questions, post here. Or PM me. Or whatever, most of you know how to hunt me down in some way xD

Also, feel free to post on the the thread if you're going to be joining, or for general discussion! We usually hang out here to discuss the cards we get anyway.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Re: NC Holiday Card Exchange 2010!

Post by Jazzy »

eeeecard exchange! I hope we get lots of signups :) I'll sign up as soon as I work out which address I want to use...
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Yay! I was so hoping we do this again. I loved doing it last year. And now I have my own place and shall be buying a card holder to hold all the cards! XD And this year I hope to get more creative with my cards. I shall PM you my info, Jessi, ASAP. ^-^
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I shall sign up again as well. Not sure if I want to use the address here or at home though.
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

I wanted to step in and give this a small bump cause only a few people have signed up so far and its been a while since I posted it! SIGN UP! It's really tons of fun getting cards xD
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

I think I'll sign up this year, looks like fun! I've sent you a PM Jessi :)
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

hey guys, you have about 10 days give or take left to sign up for the card exchange :D If you'd like to sign up, make sure you shoot me a PM with the mailing info!
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Signups for the card exchange are now closed! About to send out the PMs to everyone with addresses, yay!
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

My cards may possibly be late once again this year! I don't even get home until the 10th, and I don't think I'll have much time beforehand with all these crazy finals.
Alicorn

Post by Alicorn »

Yay! I'm so excited. I have an idea for a card in my head and shall get to work on them right away. Let's hope the procrastination bug stays far from me. o.o
Again, thanks so much for putting this together Jessi. :3
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

I sent off my America cards this morning, hopefully they'll arrive to you guys in time for Christmas!
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

And I got mine posted off yesterday :) Hope they do better than my parcels are currently managing...
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

All of our UK (and Canadian) cards went out today! We'll be mailing the rest probably tomorrow (or I'll even be dropping them off tonight. Had to get stamps xD) so keep your eyes open!
Alicorn

Post by Alicorn »

We got our UK cards out today too! ^-^ We shall get all of our States cards out this weekend. I'm so excited about getting cards. I'm quiet happy with how our cards turned. So much more creative then last year.
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Okay, did manage to get the rest of my cards in the mail tonight as well! So keep your eyes open, everyone :D glee!