NC Holiday Card Exchange 2010!

Non-neopets general discussion.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Re: NC Holiday Card Exchange 2010!

Post by Seerow »

I won't be able to get the cards out until tomorrow morning, hopefully they will still make it to all you people in a timely fashion! I tried to get them sent off this afternoon, but we only had one guy working at the post office and I had to be at work :(
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Today I sent out all my States cards! I meant to put them out over the weekend but I was so busy helping with a play that I didn't get a chance. So hopefully everyone will see their cards before Christmas. ^-^ Yay!
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
EofS

Post by EofS »

I was ill last week so I missed last posting :0( But they all got in the post today, hopefully they'll somehow be super-speedy. At least they should escape before the next snow hits.

Alas, as ever, they don't give the fun Christmas stamps for international cards. So the only person getting one is the person in England who will have seen them anyway. You guys, we have Wallace and Gromit stamps this Christmas :0D
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

that's not true! I got Wallace and Gromit 97p stamps for all my American/Canadian cards. I think they're holding a Christmas pudding.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Ooo I can't wait to see those stamps Jazzy. They sound cute! ^-^ I was able to get holiday theme stamps for everyone. There nothing cute or pretty, just baubles. But they are pretty coloured baubles. XD
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I already got some of my cards! We got our cards from Jazzy and Kari and... Lindsey got a card from Seerow but I did not. WHAT GIVES, SEEROW XD
EofS

Post by EofS »

Jazzy wrote:that's not true! I got Wallace and Gromit 97p stamps for all my American/Canadian cards. I think they're holding a Christmas pudding.
Not at my post office :0( I'll admit I didn't specifically ask - I planned to, but I didn't want to cause a fuss. I was already being awkward enough since I had such a mix of cards and parcels and foreign destinations. I mean, there wasn't a bad queue (because I'm smart and avoid our main post office like the plague, instead going to a little one the other end of town) but I didn't want to cause one either!

The good news is that thanks to your stamps NCers will still get to see the awesome ones. And I think there was no chance I would get Wallace and Gromit onto my German parcels because they were totally random prices and got printed postage. Though hopefully they'll still be amused enough by the hugenormous first class looking stamp they print onto these days.
Jessibean wrote: Lindsey got a card from Seerow but I did not. WHAT GIVES, SEEROW XD
The truth will out...
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Those first class stamps are gigantic, aren't they! One I got in the post yesterday was about the size of the parcel. My post office is a tiny little one on campus (there's space for a total of about four people to stand if none of them are big) and they actually asked me if I wanted Wallace and Gromit ones. I had assumed I'd get dull international ones.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

NOT MY FAULT THEY WERE ALL MAILED AT THE SAME TIME! Or possibly the mail man hates you!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Kari

Post by Kari »

I'm sorry my cards this year aren't that awesome ._. Was pulling 2AM nights pretty much all the time and realized on the 9th that I hadn't done the cards yet D:
derp
EofS

Post by EofS »

Got yours today Kari! As I opened my post box, fingers aching from the bitter cold, I looked longingly at the return address ;0)

Thanks!
Kari

Post by Kari »

I don't know how bitter your cold is, but it's been near or below freezing every night for nearly a week here, and the day temps weren't much better :( Today was the first decent day in a while (meaning I didn't need gloves and a scarf at 1PM biking home)
derp
EofS

Post by EofS »

Well I had to go out of the office at lunch and walked out into a snowstorm... We're on track for the coldest winter since 1981, which was the coldest winter of the entire century.

But yours doesn't sound so warm after all. Perhaps I should wait longingly for a card from a Caribbean NCer.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

It's 58 F here and I'm wrapped in a blanket. California, yo! Maybe Joey's card will be good enough?
Image Image
EofS

Post by EofS »

I would long for that temperature! (It's only a couple of degrees lower than my house ;0) I was going to say "I can't remember when it was last so warm" but actually, November started with the highest ever November temperatures in this area. And ended with the lowest ever November temperatures. It was a confusing month, that's for sure.

Come on Joey, you can come through for us I'm sure!