This was our second Christmas alone in Seattle - but our first holiday as a married couple, so it's been very, very sweet <3 Last night we had a delicious dinner and opened our stockings (CHOCOLATE ORANGE!) and just relaxed around the house. Woke up this morning lazily and laid in bed with our cats before we finally got out of bed to open our gifts!
Lindsey got me some absolutely wonderful gifts--
- Some new My Little Pony toys (I love being five)
- New socks and pajama pants/shorts!
- The MARU Book! (Maru is my favorite internet cat in the world)
- An adorable cat bank that looks exactly like Cairo. We are going to name her either Bast or Giza. I can't make up my mind. THOUGHTS?
- New copies of my favorite Mercedes Lackey books, which I've read in the bath tub so many times that my old ones are destroyed
- A handmade sleeve for my Starbucks coffee cups so I can stop wasting cardboard!
- A Kindle skin!
- More plushies for our plushie shelf (an ugly doll and a fat little owl!)
From my parents--
- A GORGEOUS green peacoat
that I loooove
- A bunch of camping gear
- A beautiful blanket for our bed
- A 'travel journal' for all the road trips that we take - SO cute!
- More pajamas, always a plus (pajamas are one of those things I NEVER have to buy myself in the end!)
Oh, and my dad got me a rug with a moose on it. I collect moose plushies, haha, so I think he thought this rug was just awesome. It is currently in my bathroom. It is pretty epic:
From my inlaws-
- A new purse
- Lots of scarves (I made the mistake of telling my MIL once I love scarves, so she gets me at least 5 every year, haha)
- Even more socks!
- A gorgeous new sweater that I am already wearing
I also got a beautiful new moleskine from my BFF Sara, back in Kansas, TONS of Subeta gifts, and some gorgeous art!
picture of my "IRC" buddies, from left to right - Subeta user Ariel, me, and Subeta user Amanda! This was gifted to Ariel and I by Amanda <3 We are wearing snuggies!
An adorable chibi of Winifred, gifted to be my Subeta user Twocents and drawn by Subeta user Starfruit!
AND I got a gift card from Subeta user May to get more art ;___; SO EXCITED.
We went to the movies today, which I've NEVER done on Christmas before but Lindsey has, and we saw the Hobbit - I thought it was wonderful! Now I'm about to get our ham out of the oven so we can eat and relax the rest of the night <3