Music Recommendations / What are you listening to?

Non-neopets general discussion.
David12

Re: Music Recommendations / What are you listening to?

Post by David12 »

I am now listening to Boom Boom Pow---Black Eyed Peas.i like this song, but it's officialy the weirdest song i ever heard? lol
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

I figure now is as good a time as any to bring out my last.fm:
http://www.last.fm/user/jamienstuffs

A lot of it is Top40 catchy crap, but you get that. Lately I've been very into Nicki Minaj, Kid Cudi, M.I.A and Adele.
Last edited by Jamie on 28 Apr 2011 03:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

My taste in music ranges pretty widely, but generally it's stuff that has a good rhythm and something kind-of catchy, usually with plenty of drums and synth. Prog rock, electronica, techno, alternative rock, new age, new wave, some rap, a touch of country...i never know what to suggest to people unless they want something new in a specific style that i might happen to know of. A LOT of the music i love is pretty obscure, but it's pretty easy to say that combining Pink Floyd, Moby, REM, and Mannheim Steamroller and branching off in the many directions they lead will give you an idea of my tastes. My favorite band is The Alan Parsons Project.

Here, have a listen to my one Pandora station if you want. Sometimes it gets stuck on Led Zeppelin or very soft new age piano stuff that i don't care as much for, but generally its selections please me. I had put off posting to this since i'm obsessed with music and tend to ramble, but i don't know if people would be interested in my kind of stuff.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I tend to mostly listen to video game soundtracks. But recently I've gotten hooked on fan made metal covers of video game music, which I think goes to another level of nerdy. It all started when I found this guy on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/FamilyJules7X it's since gotten to the point where I have enough of this sub genre alone to last the entire 400 mile drive home even with bad traffic. It's pretty awesome.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Do you have Stemage's Metroid Metal, Joey? It is my favorite. Especially Phendrana Drifts. I also love The Minibosses.
Image Image
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I hadn't found them, since I haven't played any metroid, but that is some awesome stuff. I may add them anyway, even if I'm not familiar with the soundtrack.