Werewolf!

Non-neopets general discussion.
Trith

Werewolf!

Post by Trith »

A couple of years ago, a bunch of NC members used to play a game called Werewolf. It was pretty popular around here (with some people), but I think a lot of us ran out of the spare time we need to play/host a game. However, I'm going to be hosting a new game starting on Tuesday, April 26.

Werewolf is a game of lying, deceit, killing and more lying. Players are divided into teams of innocent and evil players (often they won't know who is on their team). They then have to kill off all members of the other teams using the individual powers each player is given. It takes place over a longish period of time (typically around two weeks), and each day is then divided into 'day' and 'night'. During the day, players vote for a player that they think is evil, and therefore should be killed... that person is then 'executed' when day ends. During the night, each player may use their powers to do a variety of different things.

So, that's a rubbish explanation. For a better idea, you can try reading this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(party_game), or you can join the NC Werewolf user group (to access this, go to your user control panel and click the 'usergroups' tab). Once you're approved, you can take a look at all of our past games, and maybe get a better idea.

If this sounds interesting to anyone who's never played before (or didn't know the game existed), come join the usergroup! Signups for the new game will end on Monday, April 25.

It's a very fun game to play, and it would be nice to get some new players involved. And hopefully another WW veteran can post a better explanation of the game here. ;) Even if you don't understand before you start, it's an easy game to jump into.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Werewolf!

Post by AngharadTy »

Yeah, you really do learn as you go with it. Just be prepared to post at least once a day, or else! ^_^ It's very fun, and Trith is great at running it. If I didn't have a completely uncertain future right now, I'd be tempted.
Image Image
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Re: Werewolf!

Post by Foghawk »

If you weren't around for Trith's game, or decided to wait and watch, or like Mafia but were intimidated by Werewolf, I'm running a new game, likely set to start this coming Monday (the 27th). This is a little different from our standard games; in fact, it's much closer to the original parlor Mafia. If you're new, you're not looking at so much of a disadvantage, and if you like to debate, you might enjoy this. The signup thread is in the Werewolf forum; go on and join the usergroup (as Trith explained) if you're interested. So... that's a thing you can do!