NC Holiday Card Exchange 2011!

Non-neopets general discussion.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

NC Holiday Card Exchange 2011!

Post by Jessi »

So I normally do this around November 5th is, but I'm getting a bit of a head start because my work schedule is off - normally I have the first five days of November off, but this year I'm waiting a few weeks and I don't want to miss getting this up before I totally forget xD

For those of you that don't know - or simply haven't participated before! - every year a few of us NCers run a Holiday card exchange where we ship out cards to everyone who wants to participate. It's a LOT of fun and we always get cards from all over the world - you are allowed to participate regardless of where you live! This is I think the 4th year we've been doing it, and I look forward to it every year, and I know some of you all do as well!

The rules are simple, so here it goes!

1) You will receive a list of every participant to send a card to (it's not like a Secret Santa where you get one person). Please remember, however, that these people are trusting you with their real names and addresses - please do NOT do anything stupid with this list!

2) Please do not sign up for the card exchange if you don't intend to follow through. It'd be really unfair if you get 30 cards from people but don't send out any yourself.

3) Because sending out addresses to people is Serious Business, you must have 100 non-spam posts in a variety of forums (so not just the Subeta new colors forum, or something - basically, we want everyone to know you) and you must have been a member of Neocolours for at least six months. I know these seem strict, but like I said - addresses. We want it to be a little strict.

To participate:
Please copy and paste the following into a PM for me and fill it out with the appropriate information:

Code: Select all

[b]NC Username:[/b]
[b]Full Name + Address (include country, please!):[/b]
[b]Special Instructions:[/b]
I've cleaned out my PM box in anticipation of participants!

Special Instructions can include things like if you need the cards mailed by a certain date to reach you or anything like that. In the past it's been used to include if you don't want a religious card, but in the past I don't think anyone here has gotten a very religious card... so I assume it's not a problem. Feel free to note it if you want, however, or anything else!

Signups will end on December 1st, unless I hear otherwise that this is too late and we should extend it! People from oversees, please let me know.

I think that's about it! If you have any questions, post here. Or PM me. Or whatever, most of you know how to hunt me down in some way xD

Also, feel free to post on the the thread if you're going to be joining, or for general discussion! We usually hang out here to discuss the cards we get anyway.

(can a mod please sticky this if you get the chance? Thanks!)
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Re: NC Holday Card Exchange 2011!

Post by Joey »

Stucked!

It always feels weird to see this when I haven't even sorted through the pumpkin pictures yet... but I know it must be done early xD
EofS

Post by EofS »

Huzzah! Just this weekend I was thinking about PMing you and asking if you were going to run it this year. Obviously my internal calendar was pinging that it was time for a sign up post.

Eee eee eee!
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

*Jumps for joy* I love love love the card exchange, it's one of the few times a I year I get actual mail that isn't a bill!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I'll join!
Dammit, I knew I should have bought a batch of awesome pop up cards when I saw them!
Kari

Post by Kari »

:D

I sent my PM. I liked this so much that I've started sending cards to people on another site I'm a member on, and they love it.
derp
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Hey everyone! This is your (slightly late) week one reminder to sign up for the card exchange! Looking forward to seeing some familiar faces from the past years!
Jessi

Re: NC Holiday Card Exchange 2011!

Post by Jessi »

Another friendly reminder to sign up for the card exchange! You know you want to!
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Hey everyone! Just one last reminder to sign up for the card exchange if you want to participate! Please try to get your info into me ASAP c:!
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Sent out info, you guys! :D Already bought our cards, excited to send them out xD
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

My cards will probably be a bit late this year, at least to some of ya overseas. I'm gonna try to get them out by the end of this week at the latest though!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Kari

Post by Kari »

My pile of cards is going out tomorrow :3
derp
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Mine are too, Kari, both nationally and internationally!
Marah

Post by Marah »

Mine are going out today, but I am currently on an island, so I hope that doesn't delay them too much.
(It isn't a deserted island and I expect them to have a decent post office, so that should help :) )
Marah

Post by Marah »

Double post: They didn't have a decent post office, they didn't have post office at all! Found stamps in the supermarket though.
Not to write cards for all the non NC people who need to get them...