Ty Appreciation Day!

Non-neopets general discussion.
Ierosbats

Ty Appreciation Day!

Post by Ierosbats »

So, as some of you probably noticed, today is a very special day, because it's the day a truly wonderful person entered the world as her current form! And uh, for those of you who aren't into reincarnation, I mean someone was born and stuff! Born 6 lbs, 5 oz* with a full head of hair* and an eternal hunger for brains, Ty von Knitterbone (also known as AngharadTy, thoughtful, and if you're weird, Liz) began her glorious rise to Zombie Queen of Our Hearts 31 years ago today!

You guys, let's be real for a second. So real it hurts. Ty is the best, and here's why:

-You want wit? She's got it. She's got all the wit, and that's why the rest of us have none.
-You want someone who can rock crazy-coloured hair, a 'hawk, or a shaved head, and no matter what, remain sexier than your faves? DONE AND DONE.
-Most pet spotlight wins on Subeta? BAM (note that I don't actually know if this is true, but she's won like 15 times, so... damn, girl)
-Most sincere virtual hugs? PATENTED. Not unlike Ron Swanson, I've cried very few times in my life. The last time was in March when someone very close to me died, and you guessed it, Ty was there in every possible way a friend could be. Bon was too but it's not her birthday so who cares. It's something I'll never forget, and can probably never repay fully, and I think about it every day. It meant more than I could say at the time, and I still haven't figured out how to adequately express how much her friendship meant and means to me
-Have you seen her HAs? GLAM FOR DAYS. Her zombies look better than my real body does, even on my good days.
-She can mod the chrome off a Ford. Her modhat is the sparkliest modhat a mod could mod. Mod of the year, every year.
-She's honestly one of the most intelligent, selfless, hilarious, charming, patient, effortlessly beautiful, kind-hearted people I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. I don't know what I did to deserve having her in my life, but I'm grateful every day.

I'm going to take the liberty of speaking for everyone when I say, Ty, you mean so much to all of us. We couldn't ask for a better friend.

I love you, and I hope you have a really, really wonderful day. You're the only person I know who truly deserves the username thoughtful.

Here's to Ty!

*note that these facts about babyty may or may not be true. I heard rumors.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Re: Ty Appreciation Day!

Post by bonecrivain »

Way to steal all the good things that can be said about a person. EXCEPT WAIT, this is Ty we're talking about, so it's impossible to run out of good things to say about her.

Ty is the heart of NC in a lot of ways. She's an amazing mod (and admin) - always patient, fair, and reasonable, even during the emotional debates that used to be a lot more prevalent here. And even though it may not seem possible, because she's so awesome at that, she's an even better friend. Ty is absolutely the most open-minded, fair person I know. I'd tell her things I probably wouldn't tell anyone else, because I know she'll listen, empathize, and probably have some excellent advice with no judging strewn in. She's sensitive, sweet, considerate, and manages to juxtapose cute and creepy things in the most baffling way. (I hate scary things! Ty somehow manages to change that when it's something she's talking or writing about.)

She's smart, which almost goes without saying, but it's an impressively wide range of smartness. On any given subject, Ty is bound to know at least something - and she's likely to know an awful lot more than anyone else in the conversation. She's also talented at a ridiculous number of things. Writing? Yep. Drawing? Yep. Photoshop? Have you SEEN her pet lookups. Code? Take a look at any of her friends' pets - she's probably helped code some of them, if not all. Knitting? Well, her name IS Knitterbone, so that's obvious. Grammar? Impeccable. Heck, she doesn't even typo when drunk, and most of us can't manage that when dead sober. And sheesh, she's even great at math.

On top of all of that, in a world full of noses of all shapes and sizes, hers is the absolute prettiest. (Didn't know that about Ty? New random fact for you.) AND she gives the best, warmest, most soul-healing hugs, online or in real life.

So in short, Ty is a pretty amazing person, who deserves to have an equally amazing birthday. I love you, tyty! Thanks for always being my friend, through the bad and the good, and although it's kind of a greeting card sentiment, thanks for being you. Being like you in any number of these respects would really be something to aim for.
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

Wow, I knew Ty was cool but I didn't know she was that cool! Truly awesomeness lives(?) among us.

I hope you have an awesome birthday and get buried in a pile of gifts and love, Ty! You deserve it! <3
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Hurrah for Ty! I guess i can appreciate you here. :-D
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Awwww, man, guys. I may cry. And then eat chocobrains. And then hug everyone. Who wants to share my brains! I have plenty today!

Really, you are too nice, I can't handle it, I may implode. I love you guys and this is the best place ever. *hugs!*
Image Image
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Happy birthday Ty! (Though I'm a little late, apologies). Long may you reign over us in modly fashion!
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Not late at all! It is currently my birthday. Tonight I shall have cake or heads will roll.
Image Image
Madge

Post by Madge »

WE ALL LOVE TY

TO PROVE MY DEVOTION I MADE A POSTER WHILST WEARING MY NIGHTIE:

PS: this is not a poster but a hastily scribbled note on the back of an envelope, i'm sorry I didn't have more time to repair please accept my apologies
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

That is a pretty sweet damn poster, yo.
Image Image
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Happy birthday, Ty! If you were here, I'd make you dinner.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Happy Birthday Ty!

:...::;;;,,,.;:.'''::.
^confetti

Also:
On top of all of that, in a world full of noses of all shapes and sizes, hers is the absolute prettiest. (Didn't know that about Ty? New random fact for you.)
This made me snort, which seems fitting. :)
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Well then, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY! And Neopets has celebrated for you too. Slorgs are all over the news.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Happy Birthday Ty! May it be filled with many leftover pumpkins for carving into awesome zombies!
EofS

Post by EofS »

Ty is so awesome they turned her name into netspeak for thank you.

Trufax.

Ty for giving us your name, birthday girl!
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Happy birthday, Ty! Hope your day was fantastic (and will continue to be fantastic). ^_^