Real Life Resolutions for 2013

Non-neopets general discussion.
Kantark

Re: Real Life Resolutions for 2013

Post by Kantark »

Tom wrote:I will be very happy this year if I figure out what I want to do with my life.
Ditto... and I'm 35.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Kantark wrote:
Tom wrote:I will be very happy this year if I figure out what I want to do with my life.
Ditto... and I'm 35.
Oh good, I was starting to feel old around here with the talk of finishing degrees and whatnot!
Pulse wrote:P.S. I am a 19 year old guy who plays Neopets lmao, I don't even care hah
No judging here... I started playing when I was 12 and continued on and off since. :mrgreen: (that being said, no one IRL knows I play...)
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Pulse

Post by Pulse »

No judging here... I started playing when I was 12 and continued on and off since. :mrgreen: (that being said, no one IRL knows I play...)
Been playing off and on since I was 10 :P
9 years of neopets, almost half my life!
Last edited by Pulse on 30 Dec 2012 03:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trith

Post by Trith »

My goals are pretty generic, but here goes:

1. Be more active. I loved my old fitness studio but had to move away once I finished school and started working full time. I haven't been able to find a new studio and stay motivated since then. Hopefully I can find somewhere that will change that, if not, I'll just have to start bullying myself into using my elliptical more.

2. Cook more/plan meals ahead. Especially on weekends when I have more time.

3. Get my American license for my work. I have my Canadian license already, but having both will give me a bit more wiggle room if I ever decide to switch jobs.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I've got a couple, but my main one is to spend less time just derping around on the internet. So I'm going to try and not let myself on the internet until after sundown, and spend the daylight hours doing more productive stuff. So kind of a reverse internet curfew I guess? We'll see how it goes.

Other things I want to do with my enforced free time is to study more Japanese so I can actually justify the Japanese degree I'm going to get in June, work on more sewing projects, and practice violin/learn how to play guitar.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I've actually got a couple. XD

1. Fix up my demo reel so that it's presentable. The one I've got now will never in a million years get me a job.
2. Get some kind of decent paying job by June. Doesn't have to be in my field.
3. Stop spending so damn much money on CWs. I would put this under subeta resolutions, but since it involves real money... :/
4. Draw more. Actually finish pictures instead of just doing character headshots.
Faun

Post by Faun »

I have a few :3

1. Put more effort in at school. I'm smart enough to be lazy and still do relatively well, but I know I can do better.
2. Watch more anime. I have a very long "Plan to watch" list and I really need to start watching some stuff.
3. Stop buying so many games. I have a bad habit of buying new games and never finishing older ones.
4. Start eating more. I'm only eating one meal a day now and I know it's probably not very good for me, so I should sort that out.

EDIT: I thought of a few more things that I need to add.

5. Start seeing the counselor at school again. I used to see her but it didn't really help me. I doubt it will be any different if I see her again but I don't know what else I could do.
6. Buy a phone. I don't particularly want one but I guess I should make more of an effort to talk to people.
Last edited by Faun on 04 Jan 2013 06:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Pulse

Post by Pulse »

Faun wrote:I have a few :3
4. Start eating more. I'm only eating one meal a day now and I know it's probably not very good for me, so I should sort that out.
Just saying, but by eating more you actually burn more calories. Especially breakfast which will raise your metabolism the whole day! Hope that gives you a bit of incentive to eat more often lol!
redsea_

Post by redsea_ »

I set pretty reachable goals for myself.

1. Be more active. Last year at this time I was literally in the best shape of my life, having spent most of 2011 working really hard to bounce back from a broken ankle. However, at the very first practice of the spring 2012 rugby season I tore my frikkin ACL completely. I put off the surgery because I was saving money for my trip to the Netherlands this past summer, which was totally worth it. But now, I still need the surgery and I've been putting off physical activity because I can't do parts of my old workout routines. Its time to get back to where I used to be.

2. Get out more. I'm a single broke student in rainy Portland, so its very easy for me to be a homebody these days. But I need to do more that gets me out and about when I have free time- going for a walk, visiting friends, joining clubs, volunteering.

3.Be better with my phone. I am the opposite of those people who are always on their phones. I will put it in my bag after class and only look for it again when I'm setting my alarms at night. Or I'll put it down somewhere at home and forget about it for hours. True story: one of my ex-girlfriends broke up with me because she said when I didn't respond to her texts in a timely manner it made her feel like I didnt care. I just get really focused on the moment, and things and people that I'm with, that I forget about checking my phone for messages, and its on silent a lot because of classes. I am actually a pretty social person but my best friend is my roommate and so I tend to use my phone as a sort of pager for everyone else. I can be better about this.

Anyway I feel pretty good about 2013 already, since I just started dating this girl Jessie and we had a phenomenal New Years Eve. She's a great reason to make every single one of these resolutions happen.
FaerieInGrey

Post by FaerieInGrey »

The only one I made for this year is to take a picture every day. We want to buy a nice starter digital SLR, but seriously we do not take pictures ever. So if I do this for a year, sure, we can buy a camera. So far so good at 2 weeks in!