Introducing CHARAHUB!

Non-neopets general discussion.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Introducing CHARAHUB!

Post by Jessi »

Charahub has officially entered open beta testing, which means it's time for me to post about it here and give you all a chance to check it out!

Charahub is a simple site that was dreamed up by the lovely Rah, and I was honored to get a sneak peek of it when she and Keith came to visit in January and get a chance to sign up early! I've been using the site for a month and a half now, and it is definitely a wonderful tool for writers and roleplayers!

Charahub is a place to store all of your characters and their basic information - full name, nicknames, birthday, physical description, personality traits, etc. It keeps it all neat and tidy, and it's a great way for you to organize characters for a story, a roleplay storyline, or even art-buying purposes - just link to your character's profile on Charahub and all the information an artist needs is right there!

You also get the ability to add pictures to your characters and organize them into groups. If you want to check out an example, feel free to look at my own page, where my characters are mostly arranged by storyline or universe. Obviously they're not all finished and they don't all have photos, but it gives you a good idea of how it works! One of my favorite things is the groups feature, because several of my characters exist in more than one storyline, so it's a good way for me to keep everyone organized and still be able to show off their different stores!

A few other awesome features are the ability to give your characters 'connections' - similar to Friends on Subeta, or family connections on Facebook, so you can link to other peoples' characters as well as your own with little descriptions. There's also a 'questions' segment, where users submit questions you can chose to answer for your character!

Winifred is probably my most-completed hub right now, so I'll link to her so you can get an overall view of how the characters work!

Okay, I think I've said enough - you guys should all go check it out for yourselves! http://www.charahub.com - the key to sign up is 'peacock'. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here and I'll do my best to answer, or you can head to the Charahub Tumblr to ask there as well c:

NC Charahubs
Jessi
FMD
Rah
Aqua
Officer1BDI
Kari
Last edited by Jessi on 10 Mar 2012 07:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rah

Re: Introducing CHARAHUB!

Post by Rah »

If you guys have tumblrs, reblogs are very much appreciated of THIS post c:

And I should say, although it started off as a little idea in my head, Keith helped me develop it and did pretty much all the work so far/put all my suggestions into action! I'll be doing the art, which I'm working on now - just have to learn a whole new technique first which is fun! (Don't want it to look like Subeta art! The logo and such are mine so far, but the kittens are temporary :x)

But yes, I hope that it can be a tool to help YOU guys out :) That's what I originally wanted - something to both store your current characters, and inspire you to develop them or create new ones.
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

I made an account and reblogged it. :D I'm here, though haven't done much yet. Awesome idea, Rah. Is it going to have a search function?

Edit: Hmm.. Uploading images doesn't seem to be working for me.. They show up blank.
Rah

Post by Rah »

Images should be fixed now :) (You can follow the charahub tumblr or the charahub facebook page for updates if you like)

You might have to delete the images you have and reupload them if they're still messing up, but it should be fixed now!

As to a search function, I'm told that is something we would like to do, yes :)
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I'm on here, too! I have a ton of work to do on the characters I've bothered to start, nevermind the ones still stuck in my head, but I really like what I've seen of the site so far. :D
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I've started a list in the first post of accounts that belong to NCers so we can check out each others' hubs! c:
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

Yay images. :D Sadly the focus tool seems to be buggy now (not focusing on the area I pick), but at least the pictures are showing now.
Kari

Post by Kari »

I made one! I have so many characters it'll take a while to get pictures and full descriptions and connect them and talk about them...
derp