Vacation in Barrie!

Non-neopets general discussion.
Usul_Princess

Vacation in Barrie!

Post by Usul_Princess »

I just came back from a 6 hour drive from Barrie, Ontario for a 3-day vacation. I uploaded some of my favorite pics.

On my way to Toronto, I got ADHD and went to Canada's Wonderland....and then left after the ticket lady told me the grand total would be $80.00 for the day. This is after I paid $15.00 to park. :x

A picture of one of the subway pillars at Museum drop off. I just rode the subways back and forth to pass the time. Oh the small things...

Yes, I just so happened to be in Toronto when they were showing this exhibit. Awesome!

Add achievement, *ate Flapjacks*

(Outside the restaurant)

At the beach. I walked 6 blocks to there only to find out it was mostly a giant fishing and boat dock.

Apparently, maple flavor is very versatile. You can use it as a syrup and ketchup substitute!
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Larkspurlane

Re: Vacation in Barrie!

Post by Larkspurlane »

Your Wonderland story... haha. I have never been there, but have heard that it's awesome.

How did you like Barrie? Hope you had nice weather!
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Usul_Princess

Re: Vacation in Barrie!

Post by Usul_Princess »

I've been to Wonderland way back in 2001. It's about the size of a rollercoaster park called Cedar Point in Ohio. (Kind of an Amusement park Mecca for the Midwest.) Except Wonderland has bungee jumping. It was never $80.00/person. They won't let you buy a single-day pass for $40.00 anymore.

The rest of the trip was awesome! I would recommend lone mini-vacations to anyone. It was nice to be so spontaneous and do everything on my watch. There's no way I'd be able to do everything I wanted if I followed an itinerary.

I had a few more pictures to add:

The "minimalist" exhibit. The art gallery owner took this photo gallery down about an hour after I got there. She let me buy some of his postcard photos after it was taken down though.

Another sketch (colored pencil) print of another artist's Chihuahua (named 'Foxy'). She looks dead-on like both my min-pins mixed together.

The weather was much better (29 C/85 F). The news anchors cracked me up with "How much longer will we suffer this heat-wave?" Michigan's been in the upper 90's/low 100's since the end of June. They're not allowed to complain.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy