RL Achievements and ToW

Non-neopets general discussion.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Re: RL Achievements and ToW

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Another little Neopets-out-of-context thing:

There has been a huge "turn red for equality" week on Facebook, where the marriage equality sign is done instead in red and pink. Several memepics of various kinds have been made of it, and one includes unicorns and rainbows...including Starlite (not really a unicorn, but close) and a pair of pink Unis.

My dad apparently had a stroke yesterday morning. Thankfully it seems to have been a relatively minor one, and he's already improving quite a bit over yesterday. We're hoping he has a full recovery and can prevent worse ones from happening. He'll still probably have some adjustments to make, at least over the short term until he recovers.
Farseek

Post by Farseek »

Major woe. It's a very long story but the ending comes to this. About a month and a half ago, I became homeless. I have been living with various coworkers since. I'm grateful to them of course but the whole no place of my own thing is getting to me more each day. I never feel happy anymore and everyone keeps saying get over it, things will work out. Say some prayers for me friends cause mine don't seem to be working :(
Not all who wander are lost.
Fury

Post by Fury »

Oh my God Farseek, I'm so sorry to hear that. At least you have somewhere to stay and sleep, that's the main thing. Are you working?
My dad apparently had a stroke yesterday morning. Thankfully it seems to have been a relatively minor one, and he's already improving quite a bit over yesterday. We're hoping he has a full recovery and can prevent worse ones from happening. He'll still probably have some adjustments to make, at least over the short term until he recovers.
Glad to hear your dad is getting better! These kind of things are so scary but the fact it was a small stroke is good, it could have been much worse. A couple of years ago my dad had a minor heart attack. When I heard those words my brain just went into overdrive but it's often not the end of the world.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Faarseek, I'm sorry to hear that things are tough for you right now and that you're feeling down. Obviously I don't know the situation but I truly hope that an opprtunity shows itself when you least expect it and things start looking up soon, you're in my thoughts.

Fjorab, glad to hear your dad is on the mend.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I'm sorry to hear that, Farseek. That sucks. :-( I hope things start looking up soon.

Fjorab, I'm also glad to hear your dad is improving.
Fjorab_Teke

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Thanks, everyone. Dad is back home and will keep having recovery therapy (he was DANCING yesterday, hehe), and he has various wearable monitors. We're just hoping to find out what's making his blood pressure fluctuate so much now.

Farseek, you'll be in my thoughts and prayers, hope something good comes through for you soon!
Farseek

Post by Farseek »

It has been a long road but after 3 months of living out of my car and sleeping at friends homes, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I found a new place at a reasonable price. We discuss details this Saturday and I am beyond excited! I should be in my own place by July :)

I had to make a tough choice. My brothers actions caused us to become homeless. I told him I love him but it's time to go our separate ways. He has not worked in nine years for no other reason than laziness. I pray this will be the push he needs to make something out of his life. It has been rather painful but this whole experience has made me realize I can't live my life for others any longer.

On a happier note, I found who my real friends are, not to take anything for granted and that you can live without Internet! Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and prayers. They helped me stay strong during this tough time.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

That's definitely good news. Finding somewhere to live is so important for stress levels, safety, and general health. Congratulations.
Image Image
Fjorab_Teke

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Awesome news! Glad you're getting up, hope your brother finds a way out of his own self-made hole.

Summer and early fall look busy and exciting and just a tad lonely for me. My husband is going to training for a month and a half out of state (closer to our real home, across the USA). After he's done, we'll spend a couple weeks visiting home and friends, then i'll see if my car is in good enough condition to drive across the country, since there are LOTS more resources in California to restore a 1985 Toyota Supra than there are in Tennessee. I also have a bunch of concerts to go to. And when i get back to CA, we'll start hunting for a house to buy since we didn't know we'd be here for so long, and it looks like we'll still be here a while. We're getting sick of living in a little apartment in a noisy complex (lots of neighbors and kids, thin walls) and spending rent money we won't get back when we could potentially have a house that might sell later at profit or at least near purchase price.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Farseek, I'm so happy for you! *dances*

----

I just bought the other coveted doll in my "Usul" collection:
Spoiler: open/close
I don't know what I'm happier about, the fact that this doll goose chase is 97% over or the fact that she didn't set me back WAY more than she should have. I can't wait until she gets here so I read that Toys R' Us price tag on the box

I CAN'T BELIEVE SHE CAME WITH THE BOX! WHOMG!!!

She won't be getting a makeover, but she might get another handmade outfit.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Sooo excited - I'm leaving on Wednesday to go to San Francisco with Lindsey! We are also meeting up with Tissa/Subeta user Darling for the week, which is going to be AWESOME

This is the first real vacation Linds and I have taken that wasn't to visit family, just a quick weekend away, or to go apartment hunting, so we're super excited.
Farseek

Post by Farseek »

I am offically in my own place :D Cute little mobile home. Perfect for a single person and two cats. They remodeled it to my liking as part of the price! I am completely thrilled. Thanks for all the support.
Last edited by Farseek on 19 Sep 2013 04:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Congratulations, Farseek! That's great news. It's always good to find someplace perfect to fit in.
Image Image
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Not sure how I missed the earlier part of the discussion, but congrats Farseek it must be such a relief to have a place to call your home again!
Madge

Post by Madge »

Just wanted to add my congratulations to Farseek! So glad you've found yourself somewhere to call home!

A quick update on my new boyfriend's family that hates me (tm):

His mother seems to like me now for some reason. I don't know why. I think it's because I'm responsible and mature and stuff? And I met his sister a couple of weeks ago and she didn't even blink, even though Paul was there too. It was... interesting. I'm also allowed in the house (he lives at home) and we even watched an episode of Dexter in his room with the door closed.

The relationship isn't met with approval still, but progress has been made and I'm damn happy about that. The relationship itself is amazing and I feel hideously lucky. He and Paul had a couple of fights a few weeks ago, but it was when he was on some new medication and they're back to being the best of friends again.

At the moment he's trying to see if I'm allowed to come to his birthday dinner, which is hilarious to me because you'd think that going to one's boyfriend's birthday party is a basic human right but not so! He says the main issue is the extended family would want to know when we were getting engaged, and the fact that bigamy is illegal would mean that a legal wedding would be tricky..... but I told him we could totally still get married someday just without signing any forms. But the other issue is the family would want an extremely big, extremely catholic, extremely italian wedding. Ha ha ha like I'm getting married in a church, I'd get struck by lightning, also what sort of church would marry US.

I'm not quite sure what I'm trying to say here but whatever it was, I said it.