NC Holiday Card Exchange 2012!

Non-neopets general discussion.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

NC Holiday Card Exchange 2012!

Post by Jessi »

So this year on NC may have been a bit quiet, but I'm going to assume there's still interest in our annual card exchange :D It's also our FIFTH year doing it, which is just awesome! So with that being said -- Welcome to the 2012 Card Exchange!

For those of you that don't know - or simply haven't participated before! - every year a few of us NCers run a Holiday card exchange where we ship out cards to everyone who wants to participate. It's a LOT of fun and we always get cards from all over the world - you are allowed to participate regardless of where you live!

The rules are simple, so here it goes!

1) You will receive a list of every participant to send a card to (it's not like a Secret Santa where you get one person). Please remember, however, that these people are trusting you with their real names and addresses - please do NOT do anything stupid with this list!

2) Please do not sign up for the card exchange if you don't intend to follow through. It'd be really unfair if you get 30 cards from people but don't send out any yourself.

3) Because sending out addresses to people is Serious Business, you must have 100 non-spam posts in a variety of forums (so not just the Subeta new colors forum, or something - basically, we want everyone to know you) and you must have been a member of Neocolours for at least six months. I know these seem strict, but like I said - addresses. We want it to be a little strict.

To participate:
Please copy and paste the following into a PM for me and fill it out with the appropriate information:

Code: Select all

[b]NC Username:[/b]
[b]Full Name + Address (include country, please!):[/b]
[b]Special Instructions:[/b]
I've cleaned out my PM box in anticipation of participants!

Special Instructions can include things like if you need the cards mailed by a certain date to reach you or anything like that. In the past it's been used to include if you don't want a religious card, but in the past I don't think anyone here has gotten a very religious card... so I assume it's not a problem. Feel free to note it if you want, however, or anything else!

Signups will end on December 1st, unless I hear otherwise that this is too late and we should extend it! People from oversees, please let me know.

I think that's about it! If you have any questions, post here. Or PM me. Or whatever, most of you know how to hunt me down in some way xD

Also, feel free to post on the the thread if you're going to be joining, or for general discussion! We usually hang out here to discuss the cards we get anyway.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Re: NC Holiday Card Exchange 2012!

Post by Seerow »

I can't believe this is the 5th year! I think this will only be my 4th year doing it though.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Aw, i'll be on the road this winter, visiting friends and family. Maybe next year i'll join in again.
EofS

Post by EofS »

I was thinking about this just yesterday morning, and had intended to chat to you last night to see if it was going ahead this year.

Hooray!

And I can't believe it's been 5 years either. Wow.

I've just checked last posting dates, and from the UK to Australia (and the Far East) is the 5th of December, so the deadline sounds just about right. Assuming you send airmail - the last date for surface posting was in September!

*Does the happy card exchange dance*

(Note to self, remember to actually message Jessi, not just party in the thread. Especially as my address has changed.)
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Friendly weekly reminder to sign up for the card exchange! A lot of our yearly usuals have shown up and I'd love to see more of you!
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I almost forgot, but I signed up!
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

8 days left to sign up for the card exchange! Or 9. I can't math. ANYWAY! Join in :D

(MARAH YOU REMINDED ME TO BUMP XD)
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

(I ALSO POSTED SO IT WOULD BUMP, SSST)

I'm now pondering how to inconspicuously bump the subeta secret santa thread...
EofS

Post by EofS »

MRAAH! YAY!

I do so love the card exchange :0D We hardly get any Christmas cards through the post, so it's a fabulous way to increase those random bursts of happiness.
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

I WANT TO KNOW WHERE JAZZY IS THIS YEAR! JAZZY! you're not too busy for cards, are you?!
EofS

Post by EofS »

Last few hours to sign up!
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Unfortunately, I am too busy...I'm working next Saturday alongside my usual hours, then the weekend after I'm away, and in between work is getting a bit nuts. Sorry :(
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I got my first card today - from Jessi and Lindsey :D And of course it had a gorgeous picture inside.

I got mine in the mail today. I decided to do something a little bit different than cards but I probably won't do that in future years. Since they were "lumpy" I had to pay parcel post instead of just buy a stamp so it was $1.95 per card in the US which is ridiculous. It probably would have been cheaper to go via UPS or something probably. But the cards that went out of the country were surprisingly much cheaper. Go figure.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Got mine in the post last Monday, and received my first ones (Kari and MRAAH, thanks!) on Friday. For once I actually got mine in the post before the last posting date!
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

I actually got Kari's card a few days ago and E's card came today :D The note in your card was so sweet, E!