So happy to see this forum is still here!

Non-neopets general discussion.
redsea_

So happy to see this forum is still here!

Post by redsea_ »

It's been a shockingly long time since I've posted here... I used to post as redsea in the old forums, but I wandered off around the same time Neocolours switched locations. Real life got a little crazy, the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune and all that. I'm not sure if I'll be back for good, but I did want to post to say how happy it made me that so many of you are still here and still awesome. This place has good vibes, and its definitely because of the quality of this community.

My use of the neopets website has waned considerably since customization was implemented. There are a lot of cool aspects to dressing your neopet, but the site also lost a lot as well. Personally, what bothers me the most is how the bipedal pets were re-posed to have that goofy grasping left hand. I didn't get rid of any of my favorite pets, but if they had a "revert" option I'd use it in a heartbeat. And ruining all the cool old Faerie, Darigan and Maraquan art? But I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir here, I know... everyone here appreciated the awesomeness of the old designs years before the term "UC" started being bandied about like a trophy on neoboards. Well, these days I play Neopets very minimally- the lab ray, a few games.

Just recently I had finally removed down some "Neocolours pet chain" links from one of my side accounts, because the chain as it once existed is horribly fragmented. But that made me wonder how things were going here- I certainly, at one point, considered many people on this forum friends. Pretty soon I was browsing the forum, getting nostalgic, and once I realized how many familiar names there still were I had to post and say hi!

I'll probably continue to lurk for the time being, so you guys might see me around. If anyone remembers me and wants to catch up further I'd like that. My main account on neopets is still ixaicplaysrugby.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: So happy to see this forum is still here!

Post by AngharadTy »

Welcome back! I love when NCers wander back home. ^_^
Image Image
Madge

Post by Madge »

Yes! Welcome back!

The pet chain was awesome and then we all kind of didn't keep it up, unfortunately!

We need a way to keep this community vibrant and stuff. I've just recently started playing mafia on the xkcd forums, and I feel really sad I never got involved when we played werewolf on here a few years ago because it's such fun. I wonder if we started that up if there'd be interest?
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

the pet chain was awesome and then we all kind of didn't keep it up
I think neopets v2.0 got introduced and a lot of the personal pages had to be recoded and I know for me that didn't help. (Mostly because I was just almost done before that...) And now a lot of people have lost interest in neo since the pets got converted. So yeah, deaded.

Welcome back Redsea!
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Preaching to the choir? Oooh yes... While I will now (grudgingly) admit that some bits of Customisation have turned out well (the larger Flash-based images, some of the Customisation items, backgrounds, amongst other things) I do still miss the UC artwork and the extra poses of the old pets. The site definitely changed dramatically at that point for many of us.

Good to see you back here again, redsea, even if it is just to pop in and say 'Hi!' from time to time.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Well hi there! Good to see that you still remember us! I remember you too! I'm glad you stopped by to say hi, perhaps see you again now and then. :-)