The Extra-Big Super Crafty Thread

Non-neopets general discussion.
Madge

The Extra-Big Super Crafty Thread

Post by Madge »

I figure in the same vein as the books thread I'll start up a super crafty thread for those of us who are crafty!! (Which I think is most of us!)

So post things you're working on, things you've finished, or things you're thinking of trying! ANY SORT OF CRAFTY THING IS GOOD.

I've taken up cross stitch in the past year or so. it's great fun and relaxing and I can do it while watching reality TV.

I'm aiming to cross stitch all the mane 6 from my little pony: friendship is magic to hang in me and my partner paul's house. I bought some great patterns on etsy a while ago and have been working on twilight sparkle for the past month or so:

The dark purple outline

Light purple highlights
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Re: The Extra-Big Super Crafty Thread

Post by thelonetiel »

I don't know a lot about MLP Madge, do you have a picture of what the character looks like? But so far that looks adorable. I can totally imagine little unicorns instead of the classic kitten cross stitch wall hangings.

I did a thing over the summer!

A lot of furniture gets abandoned on the street to find a new home, so someone left this neat little school desk out. After some serious scrubbing, sanding, and my awesome landlord unexpectedly offering to cut wood for a new top, I feel like it's a pretty nice refurbish. Probably not the most practical furniture item in my tiny room, but now I've put effort into it and don't want to replace it! (shhhh,sunk cost fallacy)

I also made spider cookies recently! These don't really count as "crafts" because they are fried chow mein noodles covered in melted chocolate and two cinnamon candy eyes added... But they are cute and I took pictures!

I want to do more steampunking stuff. Maybe I'll get a chance when I go home for winter break. This is what I did a few years ago:

I added more details after this, like a thick metal ring through the loop in the back that makes cocking the barrel really cool, and gold highlights and weathering to the paint.... How funny I never took a proper finished product photo, I should take a minute to do that sometime.
Madge

Post by Madge »

I bought the patterns off etsy so unfortunately I didn't even draw it myself, just filling in the pixels of cross stitch!

Here's an artist's impression of the finished pattern though:

I love the stuff you've done! I always got caught by the "see the picture, think, what, that looks like a nerf gun, scroll down, OH WAIT, it's pretty and stuff" sort of trick. That desk is amazeballs!
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Nice restoration job on the desk, Tiel!
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark