Sports & Fitness

Non-neopets general discussion.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Re: Sports & Fitness

Post by Jessi »

So Fury, I'm jealous that you've been smart enough to take shots throughout the whole process - I'm really frustrated with myself that I haven't through my weightloss journey. But you are looking -awesome-, girl, keep it up!

So I mentioned this a bit here, but in December I was about... 170 pounds overweight, I'd say? I'm 5'3" and I was approaching 300 pounds. I had a late-night epiphany one night, however, and decided to do something about it.

So I've been doing Weight Watchers since the end of December, as well as trying to pick up exercise. This has been an adventure, since I've been mostly stagnant since I stopped doing marching band in 2002 (hey, that is a LOT of physical work). Lindsey and I now try to go power walking/jogging at least 3 times a week, and try to go to the work-out room 1-2 times a week - though it depends on things like stress levels, work, and whether or not I have a cold (since I have the past week and it really eats into exercise time when you can't breathe). The elliptical and treadmill have become my friend, and I've learned a lot about portion control - which was one of my biggest problems. With the exception of Taco Bell (and Pizza Hut? Does that count? Chipotle? We'll just say Taco Bell), I haven't had fast food since January and I've completely lost any taste or craving for it.

I've lost 71.4 pounds so far, and am down from 295 to 223.4. I still have a LONG way to go - my idea weight I think will be between 130-140 because I just don't have a tiny body type, I never have - but I'm so happy with my progress so far.

Lindsey's lost over 50 pounds; she's down from 200 pounds to about 148, so she's really close to her final goal of 130 as well!

I keep a weight-loss blog at http://colorblindweightloss.tumblr.com, if any of you want to check it out. I post about my weekly weigh-ins and reblog a lot of motivational things for myself. It's been an amazing journey so far.
Fury

Re: Sports & Fitness

Post by Fury »

Man Jessi, both you and Lindsey have made really good progress! That's a lot of weight to have lost and I can appreciate it was not easy. Keep it up, it'll be so worth it in the end.

And it's never too late to start taking progress pictures even if you don't want to share them. It's a great record for you to keep and look back on to remind you of the achievement and sense of fulfillment. Good luck to you both, keep us updated!

(And thank you for the lovely compliments!)